Angel Wings (Virgil X Logan)

Virgil brung his knees to his chest as he sat alone in the park.

Don't Cry

He held himself tighter and closed his eyes until his phone rang. Virgil pulled up his hoodie and answered the phone careful with the tone of his voice.

"Hello?"

"Jesus fuck are you ok?!"

"I'm OK, I-"

"Virge where are you?"

"Some park nearby- uh..." Virgil raised his head from out his knees and looked at the metal sign screwed to the dark black gate.

"I'm at Maplewood why?"

"I'm coming"

"Wha-"

Before Virgil finished his sentence the line cut off and he pulled himself back into a small ball again.

Don't cry

Virgil began to hear receding footsteps get louder and closer. Virgil braced himself for impact but got tackled with a hug. Logan squeezed Virgil until Virgil made an attempt to escape.

"Y-You could l-l-let go now" Virgil mumbled not really wanting Logan to let go.

"No" Logan cupped Virgil face and kissed his eyelids and then his cheek.

"Are you OK?"

"I-I think so.... Logan you didn't have to do that you have a reputation to uphold- I mean your a really well known person Logan and I'm just... me... Let's be honest do you even like hanging around me? Who would want to stick around someone who's nerdy and weak at that" Virgil said in defeat holding back any possible tears. Virgil could hear Logan huff and he squeezed Virgil while shaking him violently. 

"Ugh Why do you always gotta have to say stupid things about yourself like you have any idea what you talking about?!"

Logan began poking at Virgil's forehead while still ranting.

"Stop overthinking things!Especially when their not even true!"

"Virgil..."

"No, you don't realize how much you mean to me and I-I will murder anyone that harms you, or even looks at you the wrong way! Understand?" Logan said looking at Virgil from under the thick black glasses. Virgil looked at the taller boys honey brown eyes and felt the tears spark his eyes again.

DON'T YOU CRY

DON'T YOU DARE CRY

DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING CRY

"Detective!" Virgil looked up and realized how blurry and clouded his vision was he didn't even realize he had thick hot tears pouring down his face as he sat there.

"Hey it's okay" Logan pulled Virgil to his chest and held him close.

"There gone now see? They won't hurt you... I promise"

Virgil nodded wiping away the tears running down his cheeks that wouldn't stop. God he couldn't remember the last time he cried.

"T-Thank you" Virgil hiccuped still trying to pull himself together. 

"Virgil!" Virgil heard more feet running towards him and then they stopped.

"Jesus what happened back there? I wa- Oh you got him"

"Yes Lieutenant, and I can assure you that jesus won't help you little self absorbed shit if you ask me" Logan said rolling his eyes.

"Right" Remy said nodding his head slowly "Sooo I'm just gonna go I don't wanna third wheel"

Virgil glared at Remy as he walked away until he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Third wheel? What did Lieutenant Jitter Juice mean?"

"Nothing" Before Virgil could stand up Logan pulled him back down into another hug putting his hands under Virgil's hoodie and shirt and on his bare back.

"Logan you do some crazy shit but what are you doing now"

"1... 2... 3"

Logan tapped up Virgil's back three times until he reached Virgil's scapula.

"And there's the scapula what my father left of human wings quite a shame, they were really pretty, If I still had mine I would've shown you"

Virgil nodded as he relaxed into Logan's massage. Ever since he met him his life became quite chaotic but this... this was nice.

👆🏼Sneak peak at meh next story