The Interogation (Virgil X Logan)

Pft- I got no words for this, its a human AU btw

Logan played with his fingers as he sat at the dinner table waiting for Virgil to return. Logan began to squirm under the glare of Patton as he placed a katana on the table.

"So how are you?" He said in the most eerily cheerful voice.

"G-Good sir"

Logan's eyes drifted to the katana until Patton snapped his fingers

"Hey my eyes are up here"

"Gah!- Sorry sir"

Roman entered the room holding a plate of cookies and looked back and forth between his father and Logan sitting across.

"What going on? Dad is he in some kind of trouble or something?"

Patton just turned a photo of Virgil around keeping his glare with Logan.

"This is what going on"

Roman looked back and forth between the photo of Virgil and his friend sitting next to him and bursted into laughter.

"Oh shit! Oh holy fucking shit!"

More laughter came from Roman as he stood up pushing the chair.

"This is not going on right now! Oh shit! Your fucking my brother"

Roman crumpled to the floor holding his stomach as he laughed even harder but Logan remained silent and flustered. Thankfully Virgil came to the rescue

"Dinners ready" Virgil flashed a sympathetic smile to Logan as he placed their plates infront of everyone.

"Thank you Virge"

Virgil nodded and sat next to Logan holding his hand under the table which was slightly making him a little less petrified, as Patton placed a axe on the table.

"So why don't I ask you a few questions?"

Logan almost choked on his food as he nodded

"So what do you want from my son?"

"Oh! Um, well-" Logan, as well spoken as he was, was at lost for words. “-I like spending time with him. He’s great. I think he’s great"

"Really?” Patton looked at him incredulously. "That’s it? You just think he’s great?"

"Yes? No! No, no, no! Of course not!"

"So you don’t think he’s great?"

This was ridiculous, his brain was overheating. "No! Yes! I don’t know!" Logan groaned and buried his face in his hands.

"Dad," Virgil said, placing a hand on Patton's shoulder, "Your stressing him"

"I'll go easier on him then" Patton huffed crossing his arms

"Thank you, Dad. Please stop placing more weapons on the table" Virgil said as Patton placed a revolver on the table.

"Sir?” Logan quietly called out.

"Yes?"

"May I rephrase my self from earlier?"

"You done-diddly messed up kid. You’re dead to me"

"W-what? I, um-"

"Nah, I’m messing with you. I’m all ears, shoot"

“Right, right!” Logan breathed his relief, looking flustered as he adjusted his tie. Logan hesitated for a beat. He looked at Virgil who gave him an encouraging smile. That was all he needed. "Sir… Well, he’s my everything, When you’re alive… you start looking for something that’ll make you want to stay that way. A reason to wake up. A reason to breathe and well," Logan looked at Virgil lovingly, "I found my reason" Patton wiped away tears from the corners of his eyes and sobbed

"WELCOME TO THE FAMILY KIDDO!"

"Thank you, Dad!" Virgil smiled at him brightly.

"Thank you, sir-"

"Did you hear that, Daddy? We have his blessing!"  Virgil said wrapping his arms around Logan's waist. There was a beat of silence, Logan's relieved smile froze on his face. 

"I’m giving you five seconds to run, kiddo" Patton stared at him, deadpan, as he cocked a shotgun he procured from seemingly out of nowhere.

"5… 4…"

“Thank you for having me, Sir!” He quickly fixed his plate and speed-walked towards to front door, not looking back.