Chapter 57. Confidence

Chapter 57.

Laurel's POV

"Hunter!" I called from the couch in the living room. I had my laptop open on my lap and my notes on the table next to me. I was doing my first essay for my "Connecting Through Music" class. A 10 page paper on how music has affected you in your life.

I only had the heading on my paper. Nothing else. I didn't know where to begin. There have been so many way music changed my life. And one of them is my boyfriend.

"Yep!" He called back from the kitchen. He was cooking us dinner. Pasta. Nothing fancy but he made it really good. Not gonna lie.

He walked to where i could see him and wiped his hands off on the green kitchen towel.

"How should I go about this?" I asked him.

He stood there thinking for a second. He was leaning against the counter and he was tapping his foot rhythmically.

"I would do it like chronologically. Like first memory of music to the most recent thing."

"Ok, I'll try that."

I wrote for about 15 minutes. The words just started flowing after Hunter helped me. I started with listening to music with my parents on the car and it kinda jut sky rocketed from there.

Then dinner was ready so we ate his delicious pasta with alfredo sauce with some garlic bread.

Then I got back to essay writing.

2 and a half hours and a bowl of ice cream later, I was finished and Hunter gave me a hug. I then went straight to be because my eyes were burning from staring at a screen.

But sleep did not come, and the cough that I once thought was nothing was actually starting to worry me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam's POV

"Hey Katherine," I said into the phone.

"Hello Samuel." She said.

She was in California at collage. I was in Tennessee. Phone calls are really out relationship at this point.

"How was class?" I asked. I looked around at the inside of my apartment. I knew that she was looking at the inside of her dorm room. The two of us in so many ways connected, but in so may ways apart.

"Great! And how is the studio?"

"Fantastic. A little lonely though since Andy isn't around as much."

"But baby Jett is adorable," She added.

"He is. That kid is gonna grow up to be a musical genius. Calling it now."

"Well he's gonna grow up with the five best fake uncles in the world."

"Flattery will get you no where."

"I was simply stating a fact, Samuel."

"Katherine," I said.

"Yes..."

I took a deep breath. "I love you."

"I love you too"

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Well I gotta go make some noise."

"Have fun!"

Then we exchanged goodbyes and hung up.

I need to see her.

Hunter's POV

Laurel is the kind of person who seems completely confident in loofa. She knows exactly what she wants and knows exactly how to get it. But behind closed doors, she breaks down. She becomes more vulnerable. She isn't afraid of crying or screaming in fear at horror movies. That must be the confidence again, but in a new way. She is confident enough to be confident showing emotions in front of people she cares about. Most people would mistake this for weakness, But it is so hard to be completely honest with someone. Showing emotion isn't bad. You're brave enough to share your weakness with someone.

Laurel will admit weakness, but it takes her awhile to realize what it is.

That's why she didn't realize that her "little cough" was turning into a much bigger problem.

I saw it. I saw her start coughing mid-sentence. I saw her not being able to run as far anymore. I saw it all, but she didn't.

I couldn't force her to do anything. I couldn't force her to go to the doctor, even though I wish I could. If she didn't see anything wrong, then there was nothing wrong.

I couldn't open her eyes, but I could wake her up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's a shirt chapter. Don't hurt me.

We are nearing the end with this one. It makes me so sad.

Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter!

What did you guys think?

Hearts and Rockets,

Julia