Chapter 55. A New Relationship

Chapter 55.

Laurel's POV

"LAUREL!"

I woke up the next morning to someone screaming my name from another room. I jumped on surprise and had to take a few deep breaths to recover from being waken up by a high pitched scream.

I looked to my left an saw that Hunter was not there, and that it was almost 11.

I reluctantly got up and made my way to the kitchen so I could see what she wanted.

When i entered the room, I saw Katherine jumping around everywhere and Hunter calmly sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee.

"What is it?" I asked as I came to sit down next to Hunter.

"The band is coming in 15 minutes." She said and i nodded.

"Why did you get me up for that? I didn't got to sleep until 2 because this one," I pointed to Hunter, "decided that sneezing every two seconds but refusing to take the box of tissues from the bathroom was a good idea."

"Not my fault that my sinuses were being stupid," Hunter said defensively.

"No, but it is your fault that you got up every 20 seconds."

"Did you survive?" Hunter asked.

"Yes" i rolled my eyes.

"Then stop complaining about it," and he kissed my forehead.

I got up to go get one of the muffins that were sitting on the counter.

I ate my muffin as quickly as possible because I wanted to be decent before the guys got there. Frizzy, messy hair and a old T-shirt paired with sweatpants don't really look good on me. It's sad because they are hella comfortable.

While I was eating, Katherine thought it would be a good idea to try to play one of Hunter's prized guitars on the stands in the living room. That didn't go over well. He went all over protective and said that "you can't play them! You'll hurt my babies". That, my friends, is a direct quote from the man himself.

After that whole debacle, I took a shower to get the smell of road trip (gasoline, lack of sleep and junk food) off of me and I replaced it with the smell of oranges. Man, I love that body wash.

Then I just put on some white skinny jeans, a floral blue and flowy tank top and some brown sandals. My hair newly washed and left down to air dry. I stuck some product in it so the curls would form better though. And then some pink lip stick and mascara finished it off.

When I walked out of the bedroom ad into the hallway, I heard the sound of roaring engines on the TV screen and I knew: it was Top Gear time. Top Gear is this show on the BBC that Hunter and the guys are OBSESSED with. It's all about cool cars so you probably figured that they would be obsessed with it.

Hunter was so distracted that he didn't even notice that Katherine was looking at his vinyls and not putting them back in the right spot. I told myself to not be near her when he sees it. I was a little scared for her.

"What is the plan?" I asked.

I stupidly did not ask during a commercial so I was "shhh"ed until then.

As the first ad rolled, Matt said "Studio, soundcheck, show, dinner".

I nodded. "Sounds good!"

I sat down next to Hunter and he gave me a hug. Since all of them act like middle schoolers, they "oo"ed.

Then Katherine got impatient. "Can we go?" She said while pacing around. Hunter's apartment isn't exactly big, so she didn't have lots of room to pace.

But, I saw Sam's head jerk up in attention when she spoke and his eyes sparkled. I decided to help him out.

"Hey Sam, why don't you take Katherine to Starbucks and then we'll just meet you guys at the studio?"

Katherine nodded and went to the door. Sam said "thank you" to me quick before he left.

Then it was the next commercial and Hunter finally noticed their exit. "Dis they really go to Starbucks?"

I nodded.

"Without me?"

I nodded and laughed.

He frowned like when he found out there were no fireworks. Adorably.

Katherine's POV

I looked down at my French Vanilla Latte and blushed like a crazy person.

"Good. I thought you would say no." Sam said.

I looked up into his dark brown eyes. "There was another reason that I broke up with Luke besides the whole cheating on me thing"

We sat in silence for a second and then he said, "why?"

"I can't believe you didn't understand that." I said.

"What?"

"YOU. I broke up with him for YOU!"

He looked confused and was about to speak. I kissed him.

That shut him up.

Hunter's POV

"I never said that!" Laurel said.

"Okay, maybe not those exact words, but something along those lines" Katherine stated.

"No"

"Yes"

"Can we just say that Laurel said that Katherine's hair looked 'bad' not 'disgusting'" Steve said.

"She said 'disgusting'" Katherine said.

"You can believe what you want to believe..."

I had to change the conversation: "So... The show today was pretty awesome."

"You guys did great" Laurel said and she squeezed my hand.

"Matt is really overpowering the rest of the band with those dance moved," Katherine said.

Matt laughed. "Everyone else just needs to get to my level".

"Level?" I said. "You're on a different planet"

"I enjoy planet Backup Dancer,"

"Sam! You should join him up there!" Katherine said.

"No. I don't have the hair to pull it off."

"You have great hair." Katherine said and she kissed him on the cheek.

We all stared for a second. We aren't use to it yet. They just told u at the studio a few hours ago and let me tell you, it was a shock.

Laurel started coughing, so she took a sip of her water. Then she went outside to call her parents. We all payed the bill then joined her out there.

I drove home with Laurel in the front seat and Katherine in the back.

The radio came on and Laurel started singing. "I. Love. This. Song" she said between coughs.

"You wanna go get some cough medicine or something?" I asked.

"No. I'm good."

We got home and we all instantly fell asleep. Well, Katherine did. It was Laurel's turn to keep me up with health related issues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT FOR THIS CHAPTER.

It's just hard writing this now that I know how it's gonna end.

You'll find out soon enough.

*cue evil laugh*

Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter!

Hearts and Rockets,

Julia