Chapter 21. WNI Day 1

Chapter 21.

Hunter's POV

Today is the day.

Today is the day all of our hard work pays off.

Today is the day that the months of preparation come together.

Today is the day the pieces of the puzzle finally fit together.

Today is We're Not Invisible Tour Day 1: Pikeville Kentucky.

This morning I woke up around nine. The sun was shining and the birds were singing. Beautiful day to kick off the tour.

This tour isn't just a tour. It's a new chapter. The Let's Be Crazy era was amazing and made me who I am today, but it was time for a change. And to me, a life change means a new record.

There was the soft chatter of some of the guys mixed with a vaguely familiar voice, a girl's voice. Laurel's voice. I thought that I must have been hallucinating or something because Laurel was currently in a different state.

I immediately got up and turned off the purple light in my bunk. I opened the curtain separating the bunks from the rest of the bus and saw Matt and Sam sitting on the couch watching a laptop screen in which Laurel's face was prominently on.

"Hey guys," I said walking towards them.

"Oh," Sam said finally acknowledging my presence. "Hey Hunt!"

"What are you guys up to,"

"We're watching your girlfriend's new video," Matt said looking up from the screen. "It's a beauty video so I actually have no idea why we're watching it,".

"She's not my girlfriend," I said walking towards the coffee maker.

"Not yet," Sam noted.

"She doesn't like me. She would never go out with me," I said putting the coffee in. I opened the cabinet above it and grabbed a mug.

"She obviously like you, man," Mat said shutting the laptop.

"Yeah, she's crazy about you!" Sam stated standing up. "You know, in the less Hunter Hayes pun-y way possible".

Matt laughed and stood up too. "But seriously, she likes you. When we go play for her school you better ask her out."

The coffee began to stream into the cup and I looked over at them. "Do we even know when we're doing it?"

"Right after the Lowell show,"

"That's almost 2 months away."

"So," Matt pitched in.

"She won't like me for that long. There are other guys in her life," I said adding sugar to my coffee.

"You have not been watching her videos I see," Same said coming up next to me.

"She is as single as can possibly be," Matt said.

"And do you know why she's single," Same said placing his hand on my shoulder. "She said and I quote 'Hunter Hayes has my heart',"

"Ok. So she likes the idea of me. That doesn't mean that she is actually going to like me."

"This is what I need you to do," Sam continued. "Stop doubting yourself. Think positive. An take a shower. You stink,"

"Noted," I said taking a sip of my now sweetened coffee.

"Seriously. Take a shower. And stop thinking that she doesn't like you because she obviously does. But most importantly, take a shower. Danielle, Dan and Shay are coming in an hour." Matt explained. Then him and Sam went off to go find Steve, Andy and Devo I'm assuming.

After that, I finished my coffee and took a shower and by the time everyone came I was presentable and had a new attitude.

Then, it was time for soundcheck and Coffee House, so we made our way into the arena. I'm playing arenas. I'm playing in arenas for actual people. Who pay to see me. What?

Sound check went smoothly. Everything is working correctly and me and the guys had a couple of laughs along the way.

Coffee House was... Incredible. Every time I do that I still can't believe it. All my dreams came true. Everyone is incredible and when they tell me that I affected their lives I get so emotional. And they are all so incredibly talented. I've sang with people before and they have all been amazing. And they draw things for me and those are absolutely breathtaking. I honestly have the best fans on the planet.

Now, I am standing behind the stage waiting for the time to come. Waiting to get up their and perform my heart out.

"Hunter. You're on in 30"

I started jumping up and down. The adrenaline was already running through my body. The bright lights flashed and I could hear the already roaring crowd get louder as the band walked out on stage. Then it was my turn, and I was handed my guitar and started running up the stairs. When I entered the stage, the lights were bright and I looked out at the crowed and they were all screaming their hearts out.

My method to shows is to treat everyone like it's my last. Make everyone my best. That night was a mix of emotions for me. I was so happy and excited at the start and I loved every second of it. Moving ti the B stage was incredible and I could get closer to the fans. Then it was time for Invisible and that's when I lost it. They were all screaming and excited. They were waving their hands in the air and singing along. Some had tears in their eyes and I couldn't take it. The fact that this song meant as much to them as it did to me was absolutely amazing.

Finally, it was time for Crazy and Danielle came back out. We ended that show with everyone's hands in the air, dancing and screaming. That's how I want every show to go. I want everyone to feel good and happy walking out.

WNI Day 1: Pikeville, Kentucky

Done.

Couldn't have gone better.

That night, I was so tired that I went to sleep soon after I got back to the bus (a rare occurrence for me). I dozed off into a deep, dreamless sleep that was only interrupted by the morning light breaking the next day on the dawn of a new era, a new age, a new chapter in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys liked it! I'm writing this while listening to You Think You Know Somebody and honestly, I have yet to listen to it without crying. Kinda a filler chapter, but I needed to introduce the tour so that's why it's like this. Just so you guys know, the next chapter is going to be taking a major time skip. We are in the past right now, but it's going to move into the present and eventually into the future. This chapter takes place in March, 2014 and the next one takes place in late April, 2014, around where we are now in the real world. I just wanted to tell you guys before the chapter came out to limit confusion. I've never read a Hunter Hayes fanfic before that takes place in the present, usually they are set in the LBC era, so I have no idea of this will work or not. Let's cross our fingers xx

Hearts and Rockets,

Julia