Chapter 19. Plans

Chapter 19.

Hunter's POV

Sometimes, you just have to sit back and not do anything for more than 20 minutes. But that was almost impossible for me. I need to be productive. Sitting down and doing nothing was not something I liked. I need to be creating and sharing my music with the world because if I don't my life would be pointless. If ya'll hadn't noticed, music is my one gift. The one thing God made me good at. I was placed on this earth to make music. So, when someone tried to barge in on the creative process and tell me to relax, I refuse. Always. As much as I like to hang out or play video games, I will always like music better.

So that's why I was sitting in the back of the bus in the recording studio on a Saturday, the day after we just played a show, working. But it's not actually work. Yeah, it is my job, but it's my passion.

The guys were outside with the managers. The WNI tour was to kick off on Friday in Pikeville, Kentucky. We are already in the bus because tomorrow we are playing at the Houston Rodeo. Even though we have ran this show through so many times, there are still some logistical issues we haven't figured out. I'm just glad to be back on the rode. My home.

I strummed a couple of chords on my guitar, trying to figure out which one would sound best to start the song for which lyrics I had already penned. The first chord sounds more natural, so I'm going to go with that one. I began humming to the beat and my mind drifted to Laurel. It has been about 3 months since we ha started talking and we have grown closer. She's even talked to the guys when they weren't pretending to be me. She said that she was supposed to go to a show, but that her parents wouldn't let her for some reason. She still doesn't know who I am, but that's probably a good thing considering she talks about "him" quite frequently. It makes it better that a couple of times a week she posts a new video on her channel and I get to see her. She sees me everyday, but she just doesn't realize it.

Suddenly, a idea hit me and I found myself walking through the door to the rest of the bus. I found HHRoadGuy and a couple others standing with the guys. "Hey," I began speaking to the group, "Is there any way we might be able to have a contest?".

"We're already doing the tunesspeak and the road race. What more could you want?", One of them pointed out.

"Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea, Hunter. Between all of the tickets given to radio stations and the number of contests we have going already, I just don't know if it will work." Said another.

"Yeah, you guys are probably right. It was a stupid idea anyway.

"Hunt," Matt said from the couch, "Let's go talk to Laurel,".

"Yeah, I want to talk to Laurel too," Sam said standing up from his spot next to Matt.

Then, all of the guys stood up and walked into the back. They all sat down and I followed them in. I shut the door behind me and sat down next to Andy.

"Ok Hunt, why do you want to have a contest?" Steve finally asked me after a moment or two of silence.

"Because Laurel was supposed to go to a show, but her parents said no last minute,"

"Oh, and you want her to go," Matt stated and I nodded my head. I really want her to go.

"Just because she can't go to a concert doesn't mean we can't put on a show for her," Sam said leaning back on the couch.

"Mr. Sam Ellis, you are a flipping genius." I said jumping up from the couch and beginning to pace around the room. "If we find out where she lives, we can go to her school or something and surprise her with a show!"

"You really like her, right?", Devo stated. They didn't exactly know that I liked her, but all of the signs were there. I guessed that they would've picked up on them by now.

"Yeah," I nodded, finally admitting to it.

"Well then we can make it happen," He replied back.

"Detective Ellis is on the case and I can assure you Sir Hayes, that I won't let you down." Sam said standing up an bowing. Laurel had made a friendship with Sam over the last couple of weeks, so I bet he could figure it out.

"Ok, so let's do this" I gestured for all of them to get up and they did knowing exactly what they were going to do.

I reached my hand out into the middle of the circle we just made and the guys followed one by one.

"Operation 'Let's put on a surprise show for Laurel after 10," I said

We all began to count down from ten.

10
I can't believe we're doing this.
9
Will it even work?
8
What if she hates it?
7
She won't. Well, At least I think she won't.
6
Laurel will love it,
5
I hope.
4
We're actually doing this.
3
This could work.
2
Everything will fall into place.
1
Let's do this.

Our hands formed our familiar handshake and then we got to work doing our part to make sure this works.

I was scanning the diary for any information.
Matt was telling RoadGuy about our plan. Seeing if this could even be possible logistically.
Sam was striking up a conversation with Laurel.
Andy was figuring out a possible set list with Steve.
And Devo was watching her videos for any clues while helping Andy and Steve.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what will.