Chapter 25. CHE Part 2

Chapter 25.

Laurel's POV

"Have you heard of LoveLaurel on youtube?" Wait. That's me. Someone just asked Hunter about me. I had stopped shaking because I got more comfortable in this situation, but it just all came back.

"Yeah, I've heard of her. She's right here, right?" He said. My eyes darted upwards meeting his. He knows me. Well he knows youtube me. This is incredible. He knows me. He actually knows my name.

"Did you know that she's a really good singer but refuses to sing in her videos?". Ok who is this girl? I looked back to locate the source of the noise. I looked back and their was Katherine's little sister sitting right next to Katherine.

My mother realized my discovery. "Surprise!" She said. This was not a good surprise. She invited them. I love Katherine. She's my best friend. But the things she knows about me could possibly embarrass me greatly in front of Hunter Hayes.

"Oh, I'm not that good," I said trying to diffuse the situation. I'm going to do everything in my power to not sing. I've don't sing in front of people. Never have. Never will. I just get too nervous and my throat closes up and it's just a big mess. Let's just say 8th grade music class didn't go so well.

"You guys should sing together!" Someone called from the back.

"No, no, no. I'm not-" I said. I can't sing in front of regular people let alone with the Hunter Hayes.

Katherine cut me off before I could express my full point, "Yes you are good and you should sing with Hunter because I totally ship you two." She paused "Wait, did I just say that out loud?".

Seriously. Why do people ship us so much? Katherine doesn't even like Hunter. I'm not good enough for him. It's obvious. He's famous. I'm not. He's never gonna date me. Everyone just needs to get over it.

Luckily, Hunter didn't totally hate this statement. He just laughed, which is good because he wasn't disgusted by the idea.

"Do you want to do it, Laurel?" He said. He is always so sweet. I love that geek. He obviously wants to, so I think I probably should. Plus, when will I ever get this opportunity again?

Then, everyone started chanting my name. I was completely thrown off by it. I wasn't expecting it at all, but it sealed the deal for me. I slowly stood up and made my way to where Hunter is standing.

As soon as I got up there he pulled me into a hug. He has the best hugs in the world. Even it only lasted a second or two, it felt like it lasted a lifetime. For a couple of seconds it was just him and me. He smelled so good. It was the smell of butterflies, rainbows, joy and basically all of the good things in the world. I had to stop myself from just holding on and never letting go.

I let go and so did he. He looked at me and said, "So what do you want to sing?".

I honestly have no idea. I want to impress him. I do. I want him to see that maybe I am good. I know I'm not awful. I just don't want to mess this up.

Instead of saying a name of a song I just said,"Something without a lot of high notes because I have a feeling my vocal chords won't be working as well as they normally are,".

This caused him to throw his head back laughing. I chuckled a little bit and the rest of the place was laughing along with me. I didn't think it was that funny. Oh well... They did apparently.

"Do you want me to pick?" He said bringing me back to reality. I'm glad he volunteered to pick, because if he didn't we would be standing here forever.

After of couple of seconds with a look of concentration on his face, he finally said, "What about Hearts and Rockets? You know that song right?"

"Of corse I do. It is by you after all and you are kinda looking at a super fan," I answered. Oh my god. I just admitted I was a super fan. He probably thinks I'm crazy now.