Chapter 39. Going Back

Chapter 38.

The way all of Laurel's fans took it was, in a sense, crazy.

Some loved it, some didn't care. For others, this was the making of World War 3.

The people who hated Laurel and Hunter's relationship made it abundantly clear. The Hayniacs had a reputation for being...well crazy. Laurel knew this because after all, she was one. They all either loved it and supported it 110%, or hated it with a burning passion that had the capacity to open the gates of hell. No in between.

After that video was posted, everyone shared their opinions. Tyler Oakley said he loved them, but it was hard to give up his country prince. Julia, who already knew of corse, took to twitter saying:

Laurel+Hunter= Together for ever.

Laurel appreciated the enthusiasm.

I seemed however, that all of the hate on the relationship wasn't going to Hunter. To quote some "fans", "Hunter did nothing wrong. It was Laurel who took him away from us".

On a scale from 1-10, Laurel was feeling like a -3. She took a break from social media, stopped talking to her family and friends, and perhaps worst of all, she went back to not eating.

To top it all of, she didn't tell Hunter. The day after the video was posted he went back to Nashville and she forced herself to deal with this on her own.

One night, exactly a week after it started, Katherine noticed something. She noticed that something was seriously wrong. So, she did the logical thing to do. She called Sam.

"Sam," Katherine said speaking into the phone. Her tone was worried and anxious. From her bedroom window she looked out onto her backyard. The scene that should be calming had no effect on her. Her pacing only increased with every passing second.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Sam could sense the tension and worry in her voice. His voice was tired and raspy. She had to call at 3am because after 5 hours of debate she finally realized that she needed to do it.

"Something is wrong with Laurel,"

She could almost see his expression change through the phone. Sam mumbled something and she heard other voices join him in the room. After a moment's pause he said:

"Oh my God. What happened?" His voice showed considerably more concern. He was worried now too. That's why she didn't want to call Hunter. If the band got upset, imagine how Hunter would feel.

"After her and Hunter posted the video, she started getting hate."

"Oh no," he interrupted her.

"She basically abandoned social media, she stopped talking to her family and is barley talking to me. Sam," Katherine paused. "She's not eating."

She heard him sigh, "I gotta tell Hunt."

"You can't. He'll be so upset. You just need to help me."

"Katherine, I need to tell Hunter!" He was basically yelling now. "He's probably the only one who can help her."

"You're probably right," She said as she slowly stated giving in. "I just don't want him to be extremely upset and have no will to continue."

"He'll continue if he has to continue for her."

"I hope so. Tell the guys first. Then tell Hunter," She said. "I don't expect you guys to come here or anything but--"

He cut her off, "You know Hunter is going to want to come."

"I know that, but the rest of you don't have to."

"She's my friend. You're my friend too. Anything to help a friend."

Katherine smiled and said, "Thank you, Sam."

"No problem. I'll tell you the plan tomorrow."

"Sorry for waking you," She apologized.

"No need to apologize. Laurel needs us."

"Bye," Katherine said and ended the call.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laurel's POV

I don't know what the hell happened.

One day I was myself, completely normal in every way, then I just...wasn't.

I always said that I wouldn't let hate get to me. Look where we are now.

I guess you don't really realize how much it hurts until it happens to you. You try to not let the pain, the anger, the tears get to you. But eventually your walls crumble. You need that person who can rebuild you again. Unfortunately, my person was in a different state, totally in the dark about everything.

I shouldn't have let him get on that plane. I knew what was happening an hour after we uploaded that video. It was exactly what happened last time. But no, I wanted to be strong enough to handle it on my own. I knew I couldn't. Why was I stupid enough to try...

Then, I went back. Resorted to my old ways. Why? I felt like I needed to. I could never give you a logical reason. There isn't one.

Then, Katherine figured out. One day at school. I wasn't eating. She asked me why. I lied. But she saw right through it. I knew she did. What I didn't know is that she called Sam.

I wouldn't know that until 2 days later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cried writing this chapter. I'm just rally attached to my characters. Hope y'all liked it!

Hearts and Rockets,

Julia