Chapter 5. We Have a Problem

Hunter's POV

"Ok. How are we supposed do do this?" Sam said.

I just told them about the diary and now they all want to help me. I just want to get this thing back to Laurel. She's probably having a heart attack right now without it.

But honestly, I didn't know how we we're supposed to go about giving it back to her. I don't want to read it because after all it is a diary, but at the same time, I need to read it to know how to get it back to her.

"So, I only see one solution to this little predicament," i stated turning to the other members of the band who all currently sitting to my right. We were still on the plane, making communication a tad difficult. "We have to read it," I stated abruptly. "Just until we can find or home town or other means of contacting her"

They all nodded, agreeing to what I had just said.

"Who's going to read it?" Devo asked taking a sip from the water bottle positioned in front of him.

"Uh..." I said, not knowing what the correct answer was."I feel really bad about reading this, but we have to, right?" I stated. I didn't want to invade this girl's personal privacy, but she needs it back and I guess it was better that it fell into our hands than some creep's who would do something weird with it.

"I will I guess", I said nervously looking around the blank, gray, airplane interior." I'll keep you guys filled in though"

And with that they went back to doing whatever they were doing. Sam was sleeping. So was Steve. Matt was playing something in his phone and Devo was watching tv on one of thise built in tvs.

I looked down and slowly opened the diary, half expecting something to jump out at me. Should I really be reading this? That question raced through my mind so many times. But I just decided to read it. If it gets really personal then I'll find some other way.

The second entry read:

"Nothing of importance happened today. But I did finish writing the song I've been working on. It's called Left Behind. "

Left Behind? How did she feel left behind? She seemed really smart and funny and talented. I kept reading:

"Rant:

Well, I wanted to talk about my love for this certain country cutie. He is incredibly talented (and incredibly cute, i might add). "

Uh oh... I think I know where she is going with this...

"Hunter Hayes. Just his name sends excitement through me."

And I was right...

"He is my favorite male singer of all time. No question about that. I listen to him everyday without fail."

This is making me blush...

"In fact, I'm listening to Faith to Fall Back On right now. My favorite songs by him are The Thing About You, Rainy Season, Light Me Up, Better Than This, Where We Left Off, I Want Crazy and of corse In a Song."

Why "of corse In a Song"? It's my favorite too, but did it really mean something to her?

"I can identify all of his songs within the first 3 seconds. I am not even kidding. I'm a hayniac. I admit it. I'M IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE I HAVE NEVER MET. But sadly, he will never know that."

Well this is a problem.