Chapter 28. The Truth Part 1

Chapter 28

Part 1

Laurel's POV

Today has been... Weird.

My mom woke me up at 7 saying that I had a doctor's appointment. The light shining through my curtains and almost blinded me. Reluctantly, and after a couple of minutes scrolling through social media, I finally got up and made my way downstairs to eat breakfast.

It was the picturesque spring day. Not too hot, but not too cold. Sunny, but the sky dashed with a few fluffy cumulous clouds.

"Morning," I said walking into the kitchen to find my mom sitting at the table with a glass of Diet Coke and a newspaper.

"Good morning, sweetie," She said placing her paper down. She turned to look at me and continued, " We have to leave around 10, but dress nicely because after we're going out to lunch and then I'll take you to school,".

This was actually really surprising. My mom hated when I missed school. But, I quickly brushed it off, contributing the motherly involvement to her just wanting to spend time with me.

"Ok, that's fine," I went into the cabinet and looked around for my favorite cereal. I found it and poured it into a bowl before pouring some milk on top.

I sat at the table and listened to the ground breaking news work of channel 7. I inhaled the first bowl and quickly got up to get seconds. After finishing the second bowl I placed the now empty vessel into the sink and dashed upstairs to get ready for the day.

I set up the bluetooth between my portable speaker and my phone and listened to all of my favorite songs while showering.

After I came out of the shower I quickly did my hair and makeup before opening the doors to my closet revealing a messy black hole of a closet.

I decided on a blue and pink floral dress with a brown woven belt and some white converse. Cute and semi-formal, but it won't look totally inappropriate at school.

I grabbed my bag and went back downstairs around 9. I reentered the kitchen and now saw my mom in her outfit for the day.

"Laurel," She said putting a dish away, "Your doctor's appointment has been cancelled, but I already called you in late so we'll just hang out and go to lunch or something,".

"Ok" I said out loud, but on the inside I was jumping for joy because I wouldn't have to get a shot. "If that's the case, I'm gonna go film a new video," I said as I exited.

"Have fun!" She called back. Who is this person and what has she done with my mother.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stacy (Laurel's mom)'s POV

I dialed Katherine's phone number as soon as Laurel went back upstairs.

"Katherine," I said when I heard her pick up, "Are they there yet?".

"Yep, the bus just pulled up," She replied to me, "The boys are going to meet me inside in 10,".

"Ok, great!" We thought that they might be late because they got lost on the way here, but the actually arrived right on time, "Laurel's filming right now and we're gonna head out around 11:45,".

"Ok cool. But she can't enter the building until 12. I gotta go meet the guys. Make sure she doesn't suspect a thing,".

"I don't think we'll have a problem with that,"

We exchanged goodbyes and hung up the phone.

Everything better go right. We've come to far to have it all blow up in our faces.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~