Chapter 29. The Truth Part 2

Chapter 29.

Hunter's POV

"Yes," She said. "Absolutely,".

Thank God. If she said no that would have been the most embarrassing moment of my life. But she didn't say no; she said yes. She wants to be with me. She wants to go out with me.

"That's good," I said. I looked down and I blushed slightly. Luckily, she couldn't notice in the dimly lit auditorium. "She said yes!", I said into the microphone. The guys started clapping and hollering. The other students were also clapping.

Then Sam took his microphone ad said: "I totally bless this relationship. Laurel, you're weird. He's weird. It just works,".

Laurel laughed loudly and had the biggest smile on her face.

"Laurel," I said letting go of her hand and pointing to each member of the band as I said their code names. "These wonderful guys are not Marvin, Steven, Sebastian, Anthony and Derek,"

Before I could say what their actual names were, Laurel pointed to each one of them as she said, "Matt Utterback: Bass player and has unbelievable bandana game, Steve Sinatra: Drums and his hair is so curly you could die, Sam Ellis: Mandolin and basically anything else you need and he has the cutest little face. People write fanfics about him. Devo Malone: Guitar and can fix any music related issue and everyone freaks out when he's not there. And finally Andy Sheridan: Piano and guitar. He's the newest member of the band, but we all love him. Can't wait for baby Jett! So excited for you and Mel!".

During her descriptions we all laughed and nodded because they are right on target. Everything she said was right.

Then Laurel's friend Katherine moved from behind the door with a rolling camera in hand and revealed to Laurel that everything had been recorded. Laurel looked even more stunned and confused and to me it looked like a good time to get out of there to explain everything.

"Thank you guys so much for help making her like me! But I gotta go because I have a lot of explaining to do!" Everyone laughed and Katherine, Laurel and I exited the door right near us while the guys went backstage.

"I'm going to go to class because I already know everything, but you two love birds have fun,". She laughed and started walking down the hallway. Me and Laurel both blushed slightly. When Katherine was half way down the hall she screamed, "MAKE GOOD CHOICES!". That caused my face to go red and Laurel turned away from me shyly.

"Do you want to go to the bus? That's where the guys are?" I suggest to her.

She nodded slightly and I lead her down the corridors to the back entrance.

She was obviously really nervous, but it was understandable. A person she said she loved multiple times on camera is standing right next to her saying that he likes her. Plus, she doesn't know all of the information and there are still bits and pieces her mind is trying to put together.

"So..." I said after I opened the door for her, "How are you doing?".

"Uh... Well... I'm really happy and excited, but also really confused,". She said continuing to wall down the path that lead to the buses.

It was shaded by giant oak trees and the sun shining through them creating a shadowed pattern on the ground below.

I'm going to be really bold. I'm gonna do it. She said she likes me, so in theory I have to be worried about.

"Don't worry. All will be revealed shortly," and I leaned down to kiss her gently on her forehead.

She looked up at me and moved a stray piece of hair behind her ear.