Chapter 7. Divergent Songs

Chapter 7.

Hunter's POV

After I read that entry... I had absolutely no idea what to do. I just put down the diary and took a nap to get my mind off of things. How am I supposed to get this back to her without her totally freaking out? How would she feel about me reading this? Those thoughts echoed in my mind during the dreamless sleep.

"Hunt. Hey, Hunt," someone whispered, shaking me. As I regained consciousness I realized that it was Sam and this meant that we were back in Nashville. Time to go perform again. This is going to be so much fun. A concert in the place where this music started. I love everything about performing live. The lights. The music. The crowd. The energy.

By the time I finally left my thoughts and emerged back into the real world, we were on our way to baggage claim.

I held the diary closely as we moved around the crowded airport halls. I don't need this thing to get lost twice.

We collected our luggage and made it to the car without any problems. I still had the notebook, which is a good thing.

I didn't read the notebook in the car though. I don't need this thing to distract me right now. As much as i want to get this back to her, this can't consume all of my time.

When we arrived at the bus, we moved all if our luggage from the car to the bus and we were off on the road again.

Once we parked, we expanded the bus so that the living area was wider, making things much more comfortable.

Matt was playing video games. Steve and deco were in the back. I was sitting on the couch and Sam was... Where is Sam. Knowing him he's probably hiding in a storage compartment, waiting to scare someone. Let's just hope that it isn't me.

I know that I said that I wouldn't read it until we were done with the show, but curiosity got the best if me and I opened it again. My skimmed the pages to make sure that I wasn't mentioned and thankfully i wasn't. The words on the page were:

"We had a snow day today. Ya! All I've done was eat, go on tumblr, go on vine, go on wattpad and watch Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters. That is a really good movie."

Ok so I think I know how to get this back to Laurel. If I find her tumblr, i can message her about it, right? But would she trust someone randomly messaging her about a diary? Probably not.

"I finished my Divergent Song today. I like it, but there are still some things I need to work out."

She wrote a song about Divergent? Like the book?

"Here it is:

Tobias:

The world

Used to be cold

No light

would ever get through

There you stood

Close to me

Letting go of your hope and light

And giving it to me

Tris:

You build walls

to hide your pain

To shield you off

Letting no one get through

You think off me

As nice and sweet

But don't you know

I have walls too

Both:

And now i see

The world so clearly

Light fades to darkness

And you flip the switch

Turning on something in me

I never thought i would see

again

Tobias:

Lie after lie that you tell to me

Now never fazes me

The secrets that you want to hide

Never stay there long

You put your trust in darkness

Where did you go wrong?

Tris:

You've seen me

Through my darkest days

My fears are greater by three

But when needed you

You found strength in me

Both:

And now i see

The world so clearly

Light fades to darkness

And you flip the switch again

Turning on something in me

I never thought i would see

again

I love you so much it hurts

To stay all the time

Never lost

It's yours and mine

Your the light that i needed when my world was turning off

Your my hope

That can never be lost

And now i see

The world so clearly

Light fades to darkness

And you flip the switch again

Turning on something in me

I never thought i would see

again

You wreck my walls

And save my heart

We can never

Ever part"

Woah. Wow. What? She is really good. This is awesome. I can totally feel exactly what the characters are feeling. I feel like I know them even though I haven't read it. Wow.

"I still have no music for it yet. It's still a work in progress. I want it to have guitar, but I can't play guitar. It should be slow, but not depressing. I want it to be powerful, but not loud Why must this be so difficult?"

With that I picked up a guitar and started figuring out the music to this sing. I don't know why. She wrote this beautiful and fir them not to be shared with anyone is awful.

I hope she will be able to hear it one day.