Chapter 2. Airport Sprints

Hunter's POV

"HUNTER!", someone called from behind me. "HUNTER!".

What could they possibly want? We were just strolling through Logan Airport in Boston, trying to kill time before our flight. We just played a show here yesterday and from what I've heard, people liked it. Even though I was, and still am, a little bit sick.

Just then someone tapped my shoulder causing me to instinctively turn around.

"Matt? Why are you screaming?" I asked trying to figure out what caused him to go so crazy. He just left like 5 minutes ago to go get McDonalds.

"Our. Flight. Was. Moved. It's. At. A. Different. Gate. Now." He tried saying between breaths.

"Ok. Let's go then, just let me go buy something for my cough though" i said trying to calm him down.

"It's in 20 minutes... And on the other side of the airport. "

"Ughh... But I need medicine. Ok, so you guys go and I'll catch up with you at the gate" I said running my fingers through my hair. I can't miss this flight but I need medicine.

"Fine. Just don't be late. We have a show tomorrow."

"Yeah!" I said turning around and walking trying to find a store to buy some cough stuff at.

As I was passing by at gate, I saw a notebook, that looked an awful lot like mine. I must have dropped it the first time I passed.

I picked it up and kept walking. It was... Wet? I must have dropped it in a puddle or something. Whatever. I don't have time to deal with this right now.

I walked into the store and purchased the medicine. People really didn't seem to care that I was sick, but it bothered me knowing that I didn't play my best.

I looked down at my watch. 10 minuted until the flight and i was still no where near where I needed to be.

I started running. Like seriously sprinting through the airport. My backpack jumping up and down with ever step I took.

Finally, I reached out gate with 3 minutes left. The guys were already in line to board so I joined them, trying to catch my breath in the process.

"Hunter. Good, you're here", Sam said showing his boarding pass.

The rest of the guys walked on and i trailed behind them. Still not recovered from that sprint.

We took out seats. I was at the window, Sam was next to me and Matt was on the aisle.

I opened my notebook and began thinking. I looked down scanning the words on the page.

This is not my notebook.