Chapter 51. Fear

Chapter 51.

Hunter's POV

"Hey Hunter," Laurel called as she walked back in the room.

"Yeah," I called back. She walked over and placed her phone on the table next to me.

"You will never believe what just happened."

"Wait. What's going on?" I asked. I stood up and held her hands close to me.

"That was the organizers of CMA Fest. They want me to perform." She said.

My. Jaw. Dropped.

Not because I didn't think she could do it, but because it actually happened. It is extremely hard to get chosen to play there. And without an album, or even a single, this is a once in a lifetime thing.

"CMA Fest? Laurel, that is amazing!" And I quickly pulled her into a hug.

"They said I would be on the main stage in the square that Saturday at 2:30!" Laurel squealed.

"I'm right after you then. I'm at 3:30!"

"Wait. That means I have at least 45 minutes on stage. What am i going to sing?" She asked me.

"Don't worry about that tight now. Let's go out and celebrate! You're going to perform at CMA Fest!" I said.

She screamed excitedly and started running around the hotel room.

She flopped down on the bed and said, "I can't believe this is actually happening."

"Told you something good would happen."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wait, so you're telling me you have never had gumbo?" I asked her. We were walking down Santa Monica Pier with cups of ice cream in our hands.

"I'm not from the south. It's no my fault!"

"Ok, we need to get you some gumbo because I don't think I can date someone who is so clueless about the magic of cajun food."

"Take me to Louisiana and then I can learn about it." She said. She took a bite of her vanilla ice cream.

"I might have to do just that, Flannagin."

"Looking forward to it, Hayes."

The sun started to set over the ocean and we sat down on a bench to take in the view.

"I don't want to leave tomorrow," she said staring off into the brilliantly colored Pacific ocean.

"But we have to." I looked over to her and grabbed her hand. "Fair season".

"Busiest time of the year." She said. She knew how much I'd be on the road. I'm always busy, but summer is worse than usual.

"But I'll see you next week. Because you are now a CMA Fest artist."

"It's so crazy," she moved a piece o hair from her face. "How?"

"Because you were given an amazing opportunity that is a once in a lifetime thing."

She looked up at me and I saw the fear in her eyes. She was terrified. The biggest event in country music. The biggest stage at the biggest event in country music. With the biggest names on the biggest stage at the biggest event in country music.

"Come on. We should go. Early flight tomorrow."

New mission: Get her to stop being afraid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this is a short chapter but I wanted to update so you guys wouldn't go crazy about the cliffhanger.

So how did y'all like the chapter?

Hearts and Rockets,

Julia

(Instagram- @heyhunna)