Chapter 44. Graduation

Chapter 44.

Laurel's POV

• 1 week later •

I stood in front of my mirror in the pink floral dress I had picked out for this day. My hair hung in ringlets and had a section pinned back by a sparkly clip.

Graduation day.

In a few short hours I would be a high school graduate, ready to go to collage and start my life. The one I want to live.

Obviously I vlogged it.

"Hey guys!" I said to the camera. "I'm graduating high school today! It seems like yesterday I was a little scared freshman. And now, I'm going to collage and starting my life."

I started walking towards my bedroom door to exit and I continued, "I'm nervous, but today should be good. I'll see ya'll later." And I shut my camera and started ti walk down the hall to go down the stairs and join my family (and Hunter) in the living room.

"You look beautiful, sweetie," My dad said as he hugged me.

"Are you two excited?" My mom said to me and Jake. One bad thing about being a twin is that you have to share everything. Birthdays, school, celebrations, presents on one or two occasions, friend, textbooks. Everything.

Jake mumbled the normal teenager response, "yeah". While I tried to actually engage in conversation:

"Yeah. Kinda scared to be going to collage though."

"You'll have Hunter. You'll be fine," My mother assured me.

Yes. They were letting me move in with him. I would never be alone again. I would always have him. That gave me all of the comfort in the world.

Hunter looked over at me from the other side of the room with my dad and smiled.

"We should hit the road so the soon to be graduates can be on time," my dad said.

We all piled into the car and started the drive to the school. My parents in the front, me and Jake in the middle, and Hunter and Brian in the back.

Before I would have been very concerned that Brian would severely injure Hunter if they were left alone, but over the past couple weeks they had actually become...friends.

It was totally strange having them go on what Brian called "bro dates", but it was better than them killing each other. On Saturday they went to a Red Sox game and on Sunday they saw a movie. None of these things I was even invited to. But again, much better than them fighting.

We pulled into the school parking lot and Jake and I left to go get our caps and gowns. So, Hunter was left alone with my whole family.

I prayed to God that he would be okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hunter's POV

I went and sat with her family.the whole gym was buzzing with expectant family members waiting to see their loved ones receive their coveted high school diplomas.

I sat right next to Brian and we talked about random stuff for a bit. We've been hanging out a lot more. I didn't particularly enjoy it, but I wanted to get to know him. He was my girlfriend's brother after all.

Then the traditional graduation music started playing and we all stood up to welcome in the graduation class.

Once they were all seated there was some speeches followed by a performance by the chorus.

Then the principal, Mr. Keller (who is apparently a fan) started saying every students name and calling them up to receive their diplomas. Every name was met with a roaring applause.

"Jake Flannagin!" Mr keller said into the microphone. We all cheered for him and Stacey started crying. Jake went up and shook Mr. Keller's hand. Then he held his arms above his head and screamed "YES" before going to greet his buddies.

"Laurel Flannagin!"

"GO LAUREL!" I screamed as loud as I could. She shook the principal's hand and waved a little before sitting back down.

The rest of the ceremony was relatively uneventful.

~~~~~~~~~~

Laurel's POV

My parents came over to me and I gave each of them a hug. "Thank you both," I said.

"We're so proud of you".

My mom was crying and my dad was close to it. Me and Jake were their youngest so they didn't have anymore kids to help grow and learn. Their jobs were far from over, but they couldn't guide us anymore. We were on our own.

Then Hunter came over and gave me a giant hug. "Ar you proud of me too?" I asked wrapped in his embrace.

"Yes. But for a different reason," he said. "You came back after all of that happened to you. I'm proud of you, Laur."

I was close to crying now. He makes me cry a lot. Happy tears, but tears none the less.

We took pictures and I smiled bright. For once in a long time I didn't have to force it one bit.

~~~~~~~~~

We got home and my mom started running around crazily getting ready for out Graduation Party. We were trying to help as best as we could, but my mom being my mom, made it impossible for us to do any work, so me and Hunter went and sat on the swings in my backyard.

I sat on a swing, but Hunter didn't.

"Let me push you," He said standing behind me.

I didn't reply at first so he said, "Come on. It'll be fun."

"Ok. Fine," I said and he began to push me lightly back and forth on the swing.

Then he started pushing me higher causing me to go higher. We started laughing and didn't even realize the stream of people coming into the house, and into the backyard.

"Hunter!" I laughed.

"You want to go higher? Ok!"and he out his gigantic biceps to work.

Then he slowed down and when I stopped he looked down at me. "You take me high and take me to heaven. And I get to shaking when you put your lips on mine," he said.

"Did you just quote Dan+Shay?" I asked laughing.

"I did," he answered.

"Why? Are your songs not good enough for ya?"

"Not at all. That just describes what I'm feeling right now."

"That's just what I do do do do do do do to you," I said smiling.

"Now you're the one quoting Dan+Shay" and he kissed me softly.

Then there was clapping. I quickly looked around and saw 40 of our friends in family just standing there watching.

"That was adorable!" Katherine yelled from within the crowd.

"Is there no such thing as privacy anymore?" I asked.

"Not in this family," Brian said.

I started mingling. I walked around thanking everyone for coming and making small talk and what not. Everyone congratulated me and some of them were people I had no idea existed, but that's what happens when your family plans a party.

The rest of the night was filled with family, friends and laughs. But by the end I realized that Rockfield isn't where I belong. As much as i love it err, I belong in Nashville. Maybe i always have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So someone from my school read this and she knows who she is so if you're reading this, LEAVE IMMEDIATELY.

Ok so now that we have that out of the way, did y'all like the chapter? What do ya'll think about Hunter and Brian? They have a little bromance going on lol. And H and L were quoting Dan+Shay. I had to.

Hearts and Rockets,

Julia