Chapter 48. Beachin'

Chapter 48.

Laurel's POV

"Places everyone! We don't have unlimited takes!" The director, Mark, called out.

By everyone, he meant me.

We were on location in Santa Monica on the beach. The white sand and crystal blue water provided the perfect backdrop for our boardwalk shoot.

Right below me on the ground was an arrow drawn in chalk. Hence the song, Follow Your Arrow.

I was wearing a black skater skirt and a blue and white polka dot tank. On my feet were a pair of vans and I was wearing my Nashville necklace. It seemed appropriate.

"Ok, so just walk and sing and act. That's the only thing you gotta do," Mark told me.

I rolled my eyes. Yeah, the only things I had to do. I sorta had to make a whole record label like me. While singing (it didn't matter how good I was was because we were going to put a recording over it, but still), acting and trying to be charming.

Hunter came up to me from his place next to Mark and said, "You're gonna kill it, Laurel."

"How do you do this?" I asked pleadingly.

"Just relax." He planted a small kiss on my forehead and returned to his position.

"And," Mark called. "Action"

I started singing the song softly because no one would actually hear me. I started walking down the boardwalk so by the time the first verse was done I would be over the arrow on the sidewalk.

Apparently I did it correctly and I was met by Mark's claps at the end of it. "Great. Great" he said. "Time for the water shots."

I went over to the bathrooms with Ingrid, Julia and Meghan because they were helping me get ready for each shoot. I went into a stall to change into a white, short, beachy dress. While I was changing, they were setting up to do my hair and makeup. They were talking and thought I couldn't hear them, but I could.

"Do you think this is going to work?" Ingrid asked.

"Hopefully," Meghan said.

"It will work," Julia said. "Laurel really wants it, so she'll find a way to make it happen."

Their whispers filled the empty bathroom. I stuck my head to the door in hopes of hearing more of their conversation, but the only noise I could hear was the shuffling of feet.

I finished changing and walked out of the stall. I was immediately pulled in 3 different directions. Meghan was trying to do my hair, Ingrid was doing my makeup. And Julia was trying to pull me away from the chaos so I wouldn't be trampled.

Ingrid was applying 20 pounds of makeup to my face and my hair was wrapped around Meghan's curling iron. Julia was looking through all of the bags we brought trying to find the headband that according to Meghan would "make my hair look like it never had before". Whether that was good or bad I had no idea.

Julia finally found the beaded, stretchy thing and held it up in the air. "HALLELUJAH!" She shouted.

"Give it to me" Meghan commanded. Julia did as instructed and walked it over to her. Meghan carefully placed it on my head while Ingrid was putting on my lipgloss. Once they were done they shooed me out of the bathroom and onto the beach.

I walked to the water and saw Mark, Martin, Hunter and the rest of the crew (which consisted of 3 people) standing there.

"Ok," Mark said. "Just frolic and do it exactly like you did it before because that was perfect"

"Frolic?" I rolled my eyes. "Ok then..."

I did as told. It was extremely awkward, but I did it. The waves behind me created a mosaic of blues and contrasted perfectly against my white dress and the white sand.

Julia, Meghan, Ingrid, and if coarse, Hunter, were all cheering me on from the sidelines. After it was over Mark finally announced that it was time for lunch.

The girls walked off to go to a little cafe, and me and Hunter stood there watching the waves crashing down.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. "I have a surprise," he said.

"Hunter..." I said almost annoyed. I had too many surprises for one week.

"No this is a good one. I promise" He sated. His blonde hair barely moved in the wind. Him and his hair gel...

He pulled out a picnic basket from behind his back.

"How did you do that?" I asked. And then I saw Julia running away from us. "Oh...," I said .

"Come on," He lead me a little farther away from the water and laid down the red and white checkered blanket. I sat down carefully to make sire my dress didn't move weirdly.

"What do we got, Hayes?" I asked. I was starving.

"Peanut butter and jelly" He said taking two packages wrapped in tin foil out of the basket.

"Classic" I said.

"Chips" and he pulled out a giant bag.

"Tortilla"

"Watermelon"

"That's very picnic worthy"

"And juice boxes"

"Apple?" I asked.

"Always." He said and tossed one to me. I poked my straw through the top and took a sip making the "ah" after very dramatic (in the style of grave3yardgirl).

"You are actually doing this really well," He said taking a bite of his PB&J.

"What?" I asked.

"This whole music video thing. You are doing way better than I did the first time."

"Well, I have you."

He leaned closer and I closed my eyes in preparation of the incoming kiss, but the feeling of his touch went away and I opened my eyes to see him running all around the beach.

"Laurel!" He screamed.

"What's up?" I used my hands to shield my eyes from the sun:

"Just come over here!"

I got up and walked over to him.

"I'm here what is i-!" He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I yelled. My body was moving up and down on his shoulder with every step he took.

"I'm taking you in the water," he said.

"No. No. No, Hunter! Put me down!"

"Nope. You're coming in the water."

Right as he was about to throw me in, Martin saved me.

"Mark wants Laurel back now. Hunter, put the star down," Hunter out me down immediately and we went back to finish the day of shooting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG. WATTPAD WASN'T WORKIN AND I'M SO SORRY.

But I am back now.

How did y'all like the chapter?

Next chapter will be better.