Chapter 4. I Don't Need Niall's Eyes Staring Into My Soul

Ch 4.

Laurel's POV

The plane ride was fine except for one teeny, weeny,little, minor detail. I FORGOT MY DIARY. How could I be so stupid? My heart and soul was in that diary and now anyone can read it. All they needed to do was find it and open it. There is no lock. No password. No key. It is a freakin notebook for crying out loud. One with a red cover and too many heart pouring rants about Hunter Hayes. This is bad. This is very very bad.

No we are at my grandparents's house in Florida. Let me tell you that the flight was mainly me screaming about my diary and my mom patiently listening. I may be 17, but I still need my mom.

"Laurel, you have got to stop whining over that silly diary" My mom said sitting down next to me on a lounge chair in my grandparents's backyard She probably thought that she was helping me, but she was making things 10 times worse.

"It is not some silly diary, mom!" I said sitting up and smoothing my hair down with my fingertips. "I need that diary. It has EVERYTHING in it"

"I know you need a diary. I even kept one when I was your age" my mom said. I just hoped that she wasn't about to go on one of her 'when I was your age...' rants.

Thankfully she didn't. "That's why I got you a new notebook" she informed me with a huge smile on her face. She was obviously very proud of herself for doing something even remotely productive to her children's happiness.

She grabbed the CVS bag that was sitting on the ground beneath her and pulled out the worst thing that she could have possibly gotten me. A ONE DIRECTION NOTEBOOK.

Ok, I admit, I like One Direction. Do I want them on a notebook? Absolutely not. This is going to be my diary, and i don't want some British boys on the cover. I don't need Niall's blue eyes staring into the window of my soul every time I go write. That's just counter productive.

But she looked so happy. So, I accepted the notebook that every 13 year old girl is dying to have their hands on and that is what I am writing in now.

I need my diary back.