Chapter 30. Meeting The Parents

Chapter 29

Laurel's POV

Ding Dong

Hunter's here. Hunter Hayes is here to pick me up for our date. A date. With Hunter Hayes.

"Calm down, Laurel. Calm yourself. He's just a regular person," I muttered quietly to myself as I put the final touches on my makeup for the evening. A blue summer sundress (you know why) and a jean jacket adorn my body and some white wedges are on my feet

But the thing is, he may be a regular person, but he is a person I've stared at on my phone for the past two tears. A person who I've screamed "I love you" to at every moment during his concert. And now, he's standing on my front porch waiting for me. I used to wait for hours outside the venues of his concerts, waiting to see him. Now, he's waiting for me. Oh how the tables have turned.

After the big reveal today, me and Hunter chatted for awhile before the band came back to the bus. Then we all waited for Katherine to be done with school, and we all talked in a big group for awhile. I didn't go back to school because springing that kind of news on someone is not gonna help me learn about the joys of physics.

I heard the door creak open downstairs and my mothers welcoming (or at least trying to be) voice ushering him in and then Hunter's melodic voice being a complete gentleman.

"Hello Mrs. Flannagin!" I heard Hunter's voice from downstairs.

"Hello Hunter! Glad you and Laurel are getting together,". My mother said. Their voices echoed through the foyer and into my bedroom.

"Yeah, so am I," He said back.

"Come in and make yourself at home. Laurel should be down in a few minutes,".

That's the last I heard of their conversation. I'm assuming the went into the kitchen. I want to go downstairs, but I'm also really nervous. What if he doesn't like me anymore?

I should probably get down there though. My parents are probably interrogating him by now.

I stood up and smoothed my dress down making sure everything is perfect. After I checked off all of the boxes on my to-do list, I started to make my way to the top of the stairs and once I got there I took a deep breath.

Inhale

He's probably just as nervous

Exhale

No he'a not. He's a country superstar for crying out loud. I mean, he's Tyler Oakley's "country prince".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hunter's POV

Sitting in the chair across from Laurel's father is starting to get a little awkward.

His eyebrows were furrowed studying every movement I made. Meanwhile, her mother was hitting me with questions left and right.

"Where did you grow up,".

"A little town by Lafayette called Bureaux Bridge, Louisiana,".

"That sounds lovely! What are your parents names?".

"Leo and Lynette. My mother is a health teacher and my dad runs a boat repair shop,".

"They must have been really supportive about all of your music. Laurel told me you guys all move to Nashville when you were 16,".

Laurel must really be a fan.

"They were, and still are, absolutely incredible. So supportive about my music,".

"So how is that whole music thing going?," Laurel's father asked me with his eyes still reading my mind.

This question is hard to answer. It's going incredible and I couldn't be happier, but there's always room to improve. To be better.

"Amazing. In the middle of my 3rd headlining tour right now. I'm so happy,". I replied. Laurel's dad's stare weakened and I felt the tension begin to leave the room. Slowly, but there is progress.

"Would she make you happier," And it all just came back.

"Uh, excuse me, sir?" I asked in confusion.

"Laurel," he stated. "Would she make you happier?".

Without a moments hesitation I said, "Yes. More than anything,".

He nodded and his expression finally calmed down. I get it, he's just worried about his daughter.

"Well, than I approve," He finally said.

I breathed a sigh of relief. He likes me. That makes me feel better. One less thing I have to worry about. For that I'm grateful.

I heard someone come down the staircase. Laurel. I immediately stood up from my chair (almost knocking over the table in the process).

She entered the kitchen and smiled slightly.

"You look beautiful," I said with a giant smile on my face.

She blushed and her parents smiled. I'm glad they like me.

"So, are you ready to go?". I ask her running my fingers through my hair.

"No, I think the real question is are you ready, Hayes?". She laughed and went over to bee parents to say goodbye.

"Ready is my middle name," I reply quickly.

"I thought it was Easton," She smirked and walked back over to me.

"Ok, you win," I said acting defeated. "I'll have her back by 10,".

Laurel's father got up and firmly shook my hand. "Take care of her, Hunter,".

I nodded, "Always,".

Laurel noticed and she smiled and blushed again.

"Have fun you two!" Laurel's mom called behind us as I took Laurel's hand and we walked to the door.

"Where are we going?", she asked after I opened the car door for her. She got in and I shut it, then ran around and got into the driver's seat.

"Believe me, I would tell you if I knew,".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STORYLINE TOMORROW! YA!!! I AM SO EXCITED.

Hope y'all liked this chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote!

Hearts and Rockets,

Julia