Chapter 24. CHE Part 1

Chapter 24.

Part 1.

Hunter's POV

I'm stood outside waiting for the cue from Nitro to go in. He came out and said that we were all ready, so I entered the room.

I could have never been prepared for what I saw. Never.

The hair was what gave her away first. Her curly brown hair was unmistakeable. It glistened blonde in the sunlight and cascaded down her back. Her face was turned away from me, but I already knew. From the hair, to the outfit and all of her mannerisms. It was Laurel.

She was sitting right there. Just drinking from her newly acquired HH cup. I suddenly got really nervous. I didn't think she was going to be here. She said she wasn't going to be here. But that was 2 weeks ago. I've been so busy with the tour that I had gone without speaking to her. I haven't even checked her YouTube channel.

Then, everyone noticed I was here. They all started clapping and screaming. Laurel had the biggest grin in her face and was noticeably shaking.

"Hey everyone. Well first off, thank you all so much for coming. Your support means the world to me. I love all of you," I began speaking to get this Coffeehouse started.

"So how about some questions?" I said trying to take the attention off of me as much as possible because I felt like I could pass out. But, that is really hard to do when the meet and greet is so people can meet you.

A lot of people raised their hands. I answered one question about the writing process, one about my biceps (apparently they have instagram pages), and then I called on this girl in the back with short blonde hair.

"Have you heard of LoveLaurel on youtube?" She asked. I quickly looked at Laurel through my peripheral vision and she was obviously getting nervous. She started shaking and I was shaking and it was all a big mess.

"Yeah, I've heard of her," Laurel's eyes darted up to me immediately and lit up with excitement. "She's right here, right?" I said pointing at Laurel.

"Did you know that she's a really good singer but refuses to sing in her videos?" The girl said. Laurel went right back to shaking again.

"Oh, I'm not that good," Laurel said looking down at the ground and fidgeting with the now empty cup in her hands.

"You guys should sing together!" Someone called out from across the room.

"No, no, no. I'm not-" Laurel said.

Someone cut her off. "Yes you are good and you should sing with Hunter because I totally ship you two." The girl paused, "Wait, did I just say that out loud?".

I laughed and said, "Do you want to Laurel?".

She looked around nervously, then everyone began to chant, "Laurel, Laurel,".

She looked in fear and I just nodded. She can do this. I know she can.

She reluctantly stood up and was met with cheers when she did so.

She slowly made her way up to where i was standing and I hugged her quickly before asking her, "So what do you want to sing,".

"Something without a lot of high notes because I have a feeling my vocal chords won't be working as well as they normally are," She laughed and so did everyone else, including me.

"Do you want me to pick?" I asked. She quickly nodded and I ran through a list of songs in my head. I knew who she listens to, so it wasn't a problem figuring out if she would know the words.

"What about Hearts and Rockets? You know that song, right?" I said.

"Of corse I do. It is by you after all and you are kinda looking at a super fan," She commented back. I was glad that she was finally getting more comfortable.

I cleared my throat and began singing, "Anyway you cut it she's just staring at her future through a tinted glass,".

I glanced back at Laurel and she was nervous again. I turned towards her as sang, "It's more like a mirror shows her all that she's made of and what she never hides,".

I finished out the first verse and then she began to sing the chorus with me, "She's always dreaming of hearts and rockets, she's gotta fall before she can fly and I want to be the one she's falling for,"

For some reason she dropped out of the last line of the chorus so I sang, "Just wanna play my part in it. On every page that she writes. Yeah her life is a story full of hearts and rockets,".

I paused for a second waiting for Laurel to take the next verse. She hesitated, but finally she began, "Yeah I can tell him everything but what if he doesn't want to know," She looked at me to give her reassurance and I smiled. She smiled back and sang the song with more power. "I'll keep it locked inside if he finds someone else I'f just let it go. But I'll be left wishing I had let him in, to the secrets of a girl who's crazy bout a boy who's always,".

We sang the second chorus together and all the while Laurel was becoming more comfortable. She was a really good singer.

Then it was the bridge. The highest note of the song. She said she didn't want to do high notes, but I dropped out during the bridge.

"She's always dreaming bout Hearts and Rockets," We sang together.

"She's gotta fall before she can," Laurel sang after I stopped adding my voice. "Fly!" She sang. She did it. She thought she couldn't, but she did it better than I could have.

We finished the rest of the song and at the end everyone cheered.

"I told you she was good," The girl who first proposed the idea said after it was all over.

"Laurel, you're really good," I said looking at her. It's hard knowing that she doesn't know that I am H because I really just want to tell her everything. I want to tell her that I had her diary, that I was sorry for lying, and that I liked her.

But what if she doesn't want to know...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may have noticed that it's CHE part 1, so yes part 2 will be in Laurel's POV and that's going to be the second half of CH as of right now, BUT if you want her POV on the events in this chapter, TELL ME, and then I can arrange that. Hope y'all enjoyed.

Hearts and Rockets,

Julia