Chapter 3. A New Mission

Hunter's POV

Ok, who's diary is this and how did it get in my possession? I must have picked it up at the airport, thinking it was mine. You would think that a guy who can write hit songs and play 39 instruments would be smarter right? Well apparently the answer is no.

Out of pure curiosity I started reading the first page. I don't know what is was, but something about it just drew me in.

The words written there were:

So, I haven't written in a diary for a while, so i thought I would give you a little "life update". So my name is Laurel (obviously. You are me after all ,right? Technically?). Yeah, i'm 17, turning 18 in a few months. 6 to be exact and yeah, i don't really do anything. I play field hockey in the fall but that's over, so that just leaves my internet stuff. I have a tumblr and a couple fan accounts and i love youtubers. I'm thinking of making my own channel, but I haven't decided yet. I need a cool channel name and I have no ideas. I only really have one best friend still. Yep, it's still Katherine. She's going to. Concert with me in a couple months and I'm like dragging her to it because she hates them. But that's what best friends are for, right? Well anyway, i am most likely going to UCLA. Long way from home, i know. I've heard that everyday since I applied. It's not a "safety"school because it was my first choice, but it is very attainable for me. I have a 3.9 GPA after all. But really, I just want to get away from boring old Rockfield and focus on my music. Hopefully that will be my career. I don't want to be in the spotlight. Well i do, but I know I'm not good enough. I'm going to be behind the scenes. Producer, songwriter, tour manager, talent manager, something like that. So, i guess that's it. So I'm going to end my first entry the same way I end my tumblr posts...

Xx Laurel

Wow. All I can think is wow.

"Hunt, you ok?", Steve asked from across the aisle.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't i be " I stated closing the journal.

"You've been staring at that thing for a solid 15 minutes" He responded .

"Ok. Let's see what's in here" Sam said, grabbing the journal from my hands.

"What is this?" He said looking at the first pages. "Is this a diary?"

"Yes." I stated. "I picked it up by accident at the airport. I thought it was my notebook. See! Same cover! Then I figured out that it isn't mine and in fact is a girl named Laurel. I want to get it back to her. She pored her heart and soul into this and she needs it back. But to do that I have to read it. Understand?

They all nodded and agreed to help me get it back to her. My mission is now to give this girl her diary back. Let's see how this goes.