Chapter 38. The Boyfriend Tag

Chapter 37.

Laurel's POV

I decided that I couldn't ignore it any longer:

I love Hunter.

The times he accidentally let it slip out I brushed it off because I didn't want that kind of pressure. When someone says they love someone everything that person does seems perfect to them. Even when they're being completely irrational you work it out because you love them. Because you love them whenever they're sick and throwing up, you don't run away from it, you run toward them. Hunter hadn't seen me at my worst yet and that was the part that scared me. What if he hated me worst and just didn't know it yet?

I didn't want that pressure that he had to love everything about me. I don't want him to. I think that relationships work a hell of a lot better if you realize that no one is perfect. But the problem is, I hadn't found anything wrong with Hunter yet. He was the literally definition of perfect. I wasn't. I had flaws that I couldn't escape. A pretty good past, but with those dark times that kept bubbling to the surface. I had this YouTube channel that made my life be broadcasted to everyone. If he chose to be with me, that would be something that he would have to deal with too.

"Hunter," I said from my spot on the couch. "Do you want to film a video?"

Last night was the party. We were all out late so this morning we had just been relaxing. My parents were grocery shopping and my brothers were both still asleep, even though it was almost noon.

"What kind a video?" He asked. He was on the other end of the couch looking at something on his phone. My feet were on his lap, but he didn't seem to care.

"The boyfriend tag," I replied casually even though this was a big deal. When you're a youtuber, you don't have a boyfriend unless you do one. You could be dating for a year, but it wouldn't be official until the video was uploaded.

"So you want to tell everyone?" He asked.

I nodded in reply.

"Let's do it then!"

"Cool. Cool." I say and we run upstairs to my bedroom.

Once we get there I grab my laptop and pull up the questions. Then, I start setting up my camera in it's usual place by my bed.

"So what do I have to do?" He asked.

"Just answer the questions I ask you," I replied zoned out. I was focusing the camera, which that day was proving to be very difficult.

"Easy enough."

I finished focusing the camera and sat down in my bed. I patted the area next to me and Hunter came and sat down.

"You ready?" I asked. "Wait!" I remembered something. I went over to my desk and grabbed a piece of paper. I went back over to him and said: "Hold this up over your face so it's a surprise!"

He laughed, nodded, and took the piece of paper and held it over his face. Only a small piece of his hair was visible over the paper. I turned the camera on and the red light turned on, indicating it was filming, and I said:

"Hey guys! Today I'm doing the boyfriend tag. Laurel has a boyfriend?" I said asking myself some FAQs,"Who is he? Well, he's kinda a 4-time grammy nominee and happens to have the best biceps known to man," Hunter started laughing and so did I.

After a couple of seconds of laughter Hunter mumbled, "Can I put this down now?"

"No. I have to do the big reveal," I smiled and used my hands to add excitement. "HUNTER HAYES!" i yelled. He put the piece of paper down and he had a huge smile on his face.