Chapter 41. To The Rescue

Chapter 41

"Flight 714 to Boston is now boarding," A overly peppy lady said over the intercom.

Hunter, Matt, Steve, Andy, Sam and Devo all got up from their seats and grabbed their backpacks and other bags. They went over to the line and when it was their turn they showed their boarding passes to the overly peppy lady and entered the plane.

They had a whole row next to each other. Hunter at one window, Sam next to him and Matt on the aisle. Then across the aisle, Steve had the window, Andy was in the middle and Devo had the aisle.

The plane had the little TVs and they were all playing safety information no one was paying attention to.

Hunter sat dazed and looking out the window. Sam jabbed Hunter in the side with his elbow and said, "You okay?".

Hunter jumped up and out of his thoughts, "Yeah. Yeah."

Sam stared at him in a way that said 'no you aren't'.

"She doesn't want to see me. What am I going to do? I need to help her, but how do I do that?"

"She thinks she doesn't want to see you," Sam pointed out.

"When I get there she's just going to shut me out. She's so stubborn. She's bot going to admit that something is wrong with her."

"Hunter, she'll open up to you. I know she will."

"I'm more worried about about her opening to herself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine's POV

"Laurel!" I screamed from her front porch. I rang the doorbell 17 times and no one answered. "Laurel, open up! I know you're in there!"

Nothing. Not even a slight acknowledgment of my presence.

"Come on Laurel!"

After another 5 minutes if waiting I decided to call Sam to see what he proposed we do.

"Hey Kath," He said once he answered my call.

"Sam. She's not opening the door. I can't get in," I informed him.

"Hang on. We'll be there in 10."

"How's Hunter doing?" I asked. I was still standing on Laurel's front porch, but i gave up on knocking.

Sam sighed, "He's managing."

"That poor guy..."

"He'll be okay when Laurel is okay."

"And Laurel will be okay soon."

"We'll be there in 5 minutes," and then he hung up.

I stood there waiting for a few more minutes. This wasn't the first time this happened to Laurel, but it was the first time I knew what to do.

Then I saw a black rental car pull up to the house. Out popped the guys.

The band was leisurely walking up to the house, but Hunter sprinted up to the door.

"Where is she?" He asked out of breath.

"She's inside, but she won't let me in," I said.

He started pacing around the porch. He was anxiously running his fingers through his blond hair and I couldn't help but feel bad for him. His girlfriend is depressed and won't eat, plus she locked herself in her house and won't let anyone in. "What are we going to do?" He said nervously.

By this time the band had joined us ok the porch. "Can't we call her or something?" Matt asked.

"She won't answer," I pointed out.