Chapter 35. Arrivals

Chapter 34.

Laurel's POV

"Ok," I said as I was on the phone with Hunter. "I call you back later. I have to go to class."

"Can't wait to see you tomorrow," He replied. The next day was my birthday and in true Hayes fashion he was flying here at 2 in the morning right after a show.

"Me too. Just don't kill yourself. Sleep on the plane,".

"I will." He agreed.

"Oh yeah and my parents aren't letting you stay in a hotel. You're staying in my basement." I said. Usually parents would hate having their daughter's boyfriend that is 4 years older than her stay at their house, but my parents are so excited that I even have a boyfriend that they want him to stay with us. I know, it's weird.

I walked up the steps to the school and saw Katherine waiting for me in her usual spot. She waved and I waved back. As I neared closer to her she started to say something but I pointed to the phone in my hands and mouthed "Hunter" and she quickly got the message.

"Uhh..." He said. "Ok. Great!"

"I'm picking you up from the airport too" I reminded him.

"No, don't," He protested. "You need to sleep."

"I'll be fine. I'll sleep after."

"No you won't. You'll want to talk to me all night."

"Don't get your hopes up, Hayes. I gotta go. Katherine's basically dragging me to class." Katherine and I walked into the school and turned the corner to go to our lockers.

"See you tonight. Err... Tomorrow. I don't know. But see you soon," He said. "Tell Katherine I said hi."

"Will do. By Hunt."

"Bye Laur,".

I hung up the phone and put it into my bag. When I looked up Katherine said: "You two have the cutest conversations."

"Um... Thank?"

"Come on. They're adorable. And he's staying in your house?" She asked me.

"Yup. My parent's orders."

"That's weird." She stated.

"Tell me about it."

"I wonder what he has planned for your birthday."

"Who knows? He's crazy."

I opened up my locker and grabbed my World History III book. Then, me and Katherine went to her locker so she could grab her Geometry II textbook.

"Maybe he wrote you a song!!" Katherine said excitedly. Sometimes I think gets more excited about my love life than I do. Hunter is amazing and I'm so excited that I get to see him again, but this morning she literally called me at 5:30 to remind me. 5:30.

"I wouldn't count on that." I laughed. Hunter wouldn't write me a song. I'm uninspiring.

We continued walking until we got to the Math wing and then Katherine went to her class.

"Your video yesterday was hilarious!" Someone called at me across the hall.

"Thank you!" I shouted back.

I love that people like my videos. It makes me feel good to know this little hobby is actually getting me somewhere.

"Have you met Bethany Mota?" Someone came up to me and asked.

"No I haven't. I hear she's really nice though!" But sometimes it feels like I'm being used to give them connections to other youtubers.

I walk into my History classroom and sit at my desk. The next 90 minutes were about Ancient Greece (I excel in Ancient anything) and Greek Mythology. I knew it all already. Blame 5th grade, my friends.