Chapter 13. Winky Faces;)

Chapter 13

Hunter's POV

"JUST TYPE IT!" Matt yelled into my ears. We were all crowded around my laptop on the table. Matt was pacing now because he was so nervous. Why was MATT nervous? I should be the one that's nervous. If she finds out that it's me she is going to freak out. Or she's going to hate me.

"Matt, I'm trying. I'm typing as fast as I can over here." I replied trying to sound calm, but inside I was a pool of emotions waiting to pour out. I was frustrated and nervous, but also excited and anxious. This was the first step in what I knew would be the long process of getting the diary back to Laurel.

All of the guys have become emotionally invested in the cause as well as me. They watched all of her videos and hysterically laughed every time she mentioned me. That was quite frequently.

They think that she is really talented and so do I.

This morning we were all pouring over the diary looking for something useful to us. We found it.

Her tumblr URL.

Now the guys are trying to come up with the best message possible. Apparently I need to sound thoughtful, but not solicitous and friendly, but not creepy. But I don't know how I could not sound creepy when I'm telling someone that I have their diary.

"How is this going to work. How am I going to tell her I have the diary without sounding extremely creepy" I said taking a break from typing for a moment. In the 20 minutes we had been working on this we have made no progress.

Matt would like one sentence, but Sam would hate it. Devo loved one choice of words, but Steve was completely against it.

"That my friend, is why you aren't saying you have it" Sam said leaning over closer to me.

All of the guys gave him high fives like he just solved the mystery. But he's just creating a new one.

"So what, one day I'm going to say 'Oh Laurel, I have your diary by the way.'" I stated trying to state my point, but something told me that they wouldn't care.

"Exactly" Sam said getting up from his spot of he couch to grab his phone off the counter.

"We still have no idea what I'm going to write," I pointed out knowing that sound check was in less than an hour. " We have to do this now, or wait until tomorrow"

"Start it off with.. 'Hey!'" Steve said. "It's classic and it isn't too formal, but shows that your interested in the conversation."

"Are we all in an agreement on Hey with a exclamation point?" I said pointing to each one of them individually.

They all nodded and I typed it into the little message box on the computer.

I made a tumblr when I figured out her URL, well I think it's a URL... That's what Devo told me, so I'm going to go with that.

Point is, I still don't know how to use it.

"Say that she's awesome," Matt said at a volume way to high for the situation.

"And say that you like her videos" Sam piped in from across the room.

"Ok what about", I begin reading what I just wrote from the screen in front of me, "Hi. I watched some of your youtube videos and think that you are really awesome."

"You have to invite further conversation. That isn't inviting." Sam said, almost sounding a little angry at the end.

"What about, 'We should talk sometime'?" I asked trying to make a compromise between everyone's ideas"

"Add a winky face to the end of it. Girls dig the winky face" Matt said pointing at me, but not looking up from his phone.

"Let me get something straight with you people" I snapped back trying to sound as serious as possible. "I don't like Laurel. Ok? Get over it."

"Yeah, but somebody likes you", Matt said trying to keep in his laughter. Eventually he gave up and all the guys plunged into hysterical laughter while I went back to typing.

I added the winky face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20 minutes later we got a reply. We were just about to leave for sound check when my computer beeped.

We all leaped into action, causing the bus to shake when we all sat down abruptly.

"Click the little envelope" Steve said trying to guide me on the path to full ad complete tumblr understanding.

I couldn't find it and my hand was shaking trying to find the little envelope.

"The little envelope with the little red box above it!" Devo said getting slightly annoyed.

"CLICK THE LITTLE ENVELOPE" Sam screamed right in my ear. We there goes that eardrum.

I finally found the little envelope and sure enough, it did have a little red number 1 above it. I quickly clicked in it and we all waited for it to load. Very impatiently, but we did wait.

Finally it loaded. Laurel had written:

Thank you so much:) It really means a lot. And yeah, I would love talking to you! What's your name? Xx

"She put two Xs" Matt said. "She likes you."

"Do I need remind you that she doesn't know who I am?" I said re reading the message.

"She doesn't yet, but she will."

And with that we were all ushered out of the bus for sound check.

Wait, what am I going to say my name is?