Chapter 34. Every Late Night Call

Chapter 33.

Hunter's POV

Just like sand she slipped through my hands and before you knew it, she was gone.

As soon as I left I wish I didn't. As quick as she came into my life, my real life, I had to leave.

I knew that it wouldn't be forever, but she inspired me. Laurel made me think. Before her my life was the same everyday. Exciting and beautiful, but it was the same. Wake up, write, play, write, have a laugh or two, play some more and then go to bed. She made things different. She shook things up like you wouldn't believe.

And now I was just walking away from her. Walking away because I had to, but still walking away. I might not see her for months. She may stop loving me, or find another guy. She may have not even loved me in the first place, but I can dream.

"Hey Hunter,"Matt said walking up to me. I continued staring out of the bus window into the darkness of the night with only the red lights of passing cars illuminate select sections. "It's 1 am. You should go to bed,".

I ignored him for a bit and he realized that I didn't want to talk, "I know that you don't want to sleep. I also know that you don't want to be away from Laurel, so here," He tapped my shoulder and I turned around. He was standing there with his phone in his hands. It was on speaker and I was not expecting the voice that came out of it.

"Hey Hunter," The voice said. Laurel's voice.

"Talk to her," Matt said. He handed me the phone and walked away. I turned it off of speaker and held the phone up to my ear.

"You don't know how happy I am to hear your voice," I said.

"Well you should call me then," Laurel said on the other end of the phone. I could picture her sitting in her room at her desk with her laptop open editing a new video. In her element.

"Texting is easier," I replied.

"Why?" She said. I repositioned myself on the couch so I was no longer facing the darkness.

"Because then you can't hear how much I miss you,".

"I miss you too, but you need to go to bed. Now. It's like you forgot about our deal," .

"Laurel..." I began. "I'm sorry. I just can't stand being away from you,".

"We went on 1 date!" She said.

"So. You know how much I care about you,".

"I care about you too," She said. "That's why you need to sleep,".

I sighed.

"Hunter. Go to bed. You need to sleep. I'll still be here when you wake up,".

"Ok,"

"Good night," She said.

"Good night, Laur. I'll call you tomorrow,".

"And I'll answer,".

"Deal?" I asked.

"Deal. I can't believe you've been gone for two weeks already,".

"I'm coming back soon. I'll be there for you're birthday,".

"I have something to ask you, but I'll do it tomorrow because you need to sleep,".

"I'm going. I'm going,".

"Bye Hunt,".

"Bye Laur,".

She hung up first and then I did. I don't know what it is, but she just calms me down.

I got up and immediately realized how tired I actually was. It was like I hadn't slept in a day. Oh wait, I haven't.

I walked into the back where Matt was currently sitting.

"Here," I said as I handed him his phone.

"Are you going to bed?" He asked.

"Yeah,".

"I knew she would convince you,".

"Thank you for doing that,".

I started walling towards the bunks.

"What I don't understand is why you don't just call her yourself,". Matt said.

"Because I don't want to seem like I can't live without her or anything. It's only been like 2 weeks,".

"Hunter, I talked to her before I gave the phone to you. She misses you just as much,".

"She does?"

"Yes. She does. So call her every once in a while,". He stated.

"I will," I said.

"Great. Now go to bed so I can too,".

And I did. That night I had the best sleep that I had in a long time. I was finally calm. I was finally back to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hellloooooo. There are TONS of song references in this chapter. Did you spot them?

YESTERDAY AT THE ROAD RACE DAN + SHAY TALKED TO ME 3 TIMES FROM IN STAGE AND SHAY GAVE ME HIS WATER BOTTLE. AND HUNTER WAS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

Hope y'all liked the chapter!

Hearts and Rockets,

Julia