Chapter 45. Arriving In LA

Chapter 45.

"We are now making our decent into LAX. Please fasten your seat belts," The flight attendant said.

I looked to my left and Hunter was staring out the window. He was intently watching the fast moving scenery. He looked so calm. Meanwhile I was starting to freak out. In the air I was fine, but take offs and landings weren't really my thing.

As we began to speed closer and closer to the ground, I grabbed Hunter's arm and held on to it for dear life.

He cringed in pain a little bit and I immediately muttered, "I'm so sorry" and loosened my grip a bit.

"No. No" He looked over at me. "It's fine," and he brought my hand to his lips and kissed it. I held on tighter and before I knew it we were on the ground pulling into the gate.

Once we came to a complete stop the entire plane got to their feet. We grabbed our bags from the over head (mine was a bag. His was a guitar) and headed to baggage claim. Because Hunter insisted that he would bring his guitar, we had to check a few bags.

"Where is it?" I asked. Unlike Hunter, I had never been to LA before, so the airport was a bunch of meaningless corridors even with the signs.

"It's this way," he said and he pointed in front of him.

I looked for some sort of confirmation of this, but didn't find anything. Instead, I saw a sign that told us to go to the right.

"Are you sure?" I said. "The sign says to go this way."

He adjusted the black baseball cap on his head and looked around. "I'm almost positive it's this way."

"Fine but if we get lost it's all on you."

And we got lost.

"Hunter," I said. "It's back that way." We were now in a deserted region of the airport and Hunter was refusing to ask anyone for directions.

"I know exactly where we are," He tried to assure me.

He really didn't.

"Let's just ask somebody." I pleaded. "We need to get to the hotel."

"I got this."

"Babe, you know I love you, But you really don't got this."

We stopped walking and he turned to face me. He was a few steps ahead of me considering he was trying to be the leader on our unneeded expedition around LAX.

"Fine," he gave in. "But this is totally not my fault."

"How is this not your fault?" And we started our trek back to where we started.

"Because you distract me."

"That is not a reason," I began. "Wait..." I realized what he said. "That was a sneaky way to stick your feelings toward me in." I blushed but I hoped he didn't notice.

"It's a fact," he stated.

"Just wait. In a few months you'll be done with me." And we continued making our way back, inky this time I was leading.

"No way, Flannagin. I'm in for the long haul," he said. He ran a little to catch up with me and grabbed my hand.

We started walking through LAX hand in hand, trying to figure out where the heck we were going. That was also a metaphor for our lives at that point. We had no idea what were doing, but whatever it was we were going to do it together.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We got our bags (finally) and rented a car quickly. By the time we did that it was around 3 in the afternoon. We made our way as quickly as possible to the hotel. VidCon wasn't until tomorrow so we could do whatever we wanted today.