Chapter 42. Someone's Got a Crush

Chapter 42.

Matt, Andy, Steve, Devo and Sam sat in the loving room along with Katherine. The Tv was on and Cake Boss was currently projected on the screen. Sam was squished between Andy and Katherine and Katherine was on her phone texting her boyfriend Luke constantly, which made Sam roll his eyes.

The message notifications just kept coming to Katherine's iphone and everyone had it's own beep. The sounds of TLC television weren't even audible over the constant beeping.

"Kath," Sam said. "Can you please stop that?" He was obviously annoyed.

"Stop what?" She said with her head still in her phone. Another beep came.

"Stop texting every second. It's getting annoying.."

"I'm talking to Luke. My boyfriend," she snapped back.

"I understand that he's your boyfriend, but you don't need to text him every second!" Sam was practically yelling now and this made the rest of the guys look up in interest.

"Woah. Sam. No need to be jealous," Matt said jokingly.

Sam, however, didn't take this as a joke. "I am not jealous! I just think Katherine can do better than that dumb jock."

"You go Sam!" Devo yelled. "Gettin feisty."

"He's not some dumb jock!" Katherine yelled. "He's considerate and kind and..."

"And what?" Sam paused but Katherine didn't fill in the gap in conversation. "Exactly. You have nothing good to say about him. Shouldn't your boyfriend make you endlessly happy!"

Katherine got up and walked toward the kitchen without saying a word.

"What the heck was that?" Steve asked one Katherine was out of earshot.

"Nothing," Sam sighed.

"This is definitely something," Andy noted.

"What's defiantly something?" Hunter asked as he walked down the stairs to join them.

"Sam just went all 'you don't really like your boyfriend' on Katherine," Matt explained.

"Why?" Hunter asked. He came and sat down next to Sam.

"He's not telling us..." Steve said.

"Does Sam have a little crush?" Hunter joked.

"No" Sam stated. "No. No. No."

"Doesn't look that way..." Matt said.

"Whatever," Sam brushed it off but inside it hit him like a ton of bricks. "What's going on with Laurel?"

"She's getting there. I think I neutralized the situation, but she doesn't have that same glimmer in her eye. She was always so happy and bubbly before, and she always had a funny and witty comment about everything. She makes me think. Ya know? It's just so weird because I never felt like that..." Hunter rambled.

"Hunter." Steve said. "Breathe."

"She just does something to my head. I don't know."

"Yeah. We can tell," Matt laughed.

Devo elbowed him in the side and he stopped laughing.

"That's love my friend," Devo said to counteract Matt's comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Laurel's POV

I finished up my shower and put on some sweatpants and a comfy sweatshirt. I still couldn't believe that Hunter was here. He flew to Boston from Nashville when he was sick, just to see me.

As much as he tried to help me, he will never fully comprehend my thought process for doing this. I probably won't even be able to understand it.

And because he didn't (and never will) understand, he'll never be able to help me. He can be the most helpful person on the face of the planet, but the only person who can help me is me. But, he was the one who got the ball rolling on that. He made me realize that my actions weren't just hurting me, they were hurting him too. I could live with hurting me, but I could never forgive myself if I hurt him.

After I was dressed I went downstairs and I heard the guys talking.

"So Sam basically just made Katherine really uncomfortable," Matt's voice said.

"She was making me uncomfortable making googaly eyes at her phone screen," Sam's voice said. I looked over the railing but didn't go downstairs yet.

"Sam. Just admit it. You like her," Steve said.

"I don't like her!" Sam said. But then after a pause he said, "ok. Maybe I do."

This information made me really excited. Now I got to set her up with someone.

Then they saw me leaning over the railing and Matt called out, "There's the queen!" (Inside joke)

I did an overly dramatic bow and walled down the stairs.

"It's lovely to see you Miss Flannagin," Steve said as I entered the room.

"Same to you Mr. Sinatra."

"Do you want to order in?" He asked me. I was standing behind his place on the couch so he had to bend his head backwards to see me.

"Yeah. That sounds great." And I smiled my first genuine smile in a long time.

"I'm going to go get Katherine," i said as I walked towards the kitchen. They didn't think it was the best idea, but they couldn't stop me, and they knew that.

When I entered she got up out of her chair and said: "Thank God you're okay, Laurel," and hugged me tight.

"Cutting. Off. Breathing," I said and she loosened her grip.

"We're gonna order in so come see what you want," And we walked back to the guys.

I was squished on the couch next to Hunter (not a bad thing) and Katherine was forced to sit on the ground.

We got a pizza and Hunter convinced me to have 3 pieces. We all talked and I could sense Sam's desperate attempts to flirt and Katherine's total disinterest.

Hunter stole a few kisses and it was alway met with the "ooooo"ing of the room. They were like a bunch of middle schoolers.

But they were my friends. My best friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do y'all like Sam and Katherine?

Ok, so this chapter didn't really focus of Laurel and Hunter but the next one will. Promise!

Hearts and Rockets,

Julia