89

"How'd your meeting go today?" Quinn asked when she and Judy were finally alone.

"It was fine." Judy said.

"Did Dad say anything?" Quinn wondered.

Judy shook her head. "We didn't talk much."

Quinn nodded.

"All of my things are protected in the divorce, including the house." Judy informed Quinn.

"Good." Quinn replied. "I wanted to talk to you about the house, actually."

"What about it?" Judy wondered.

Quinn took a deep breath. "I was kind of thinking that we could redo the basement and make it into an apartment for me, Beth, and Noah."

Judy didn't say anything.

"That way, I could still have an apartment with him, but I'm still home." Quinn continued. "We would pay rent, and Noah and I will pay for any work that would need to be done."

"I'll talk to Tom about it, honey." Judy promised. "But I think you need to make a real decision about being here or getting an apartment because you might not be able to have both."

Quinn nodded slowly as Puck walked into the kitchen.

"Hey." Puck smiled. "I was just coming in to see if you needed any help cleaning up."

"Let us take care of it." Judy commanded. "Thank you for cooking tonight. Dinner was great. I didn't know you could cook."

"Yeah." Puck nodded. "After my dad left, I started cooking a lot when my mom was working late and stuff."

Judy nodded back. "Well, you're very good at it. Quinny can't even cook pasta."

"I can cook pasta!" Quinn exclaimed. "I just don't like cooking."

"I'll teach you, babe." Puck promised. "If I can do it, anyone can."

"Okay." Quinn smiled.