17

After the listening section of the Spanish test, Puck gave Mr. Schue his test, and Quinn put her test in her bag before they both left the classroom.

The pair headed to the choir room in silence. Quinn had a lot to say, and Puck didn't know what to say.

When they got to the choir room, Quinn closed the door behind them.

Slowly, she turned around and looked at Puck.

"I want you to see Beth." Quinn started softly. "And I want her to have you in her life, but you need to prove to me that I won't regret it."

"I will." Puck promised. "I'm changing things."

"Like what?" Quinn asked as she sat down.

Puck sat down next to her. "I'm going to all of my classes and doing all of my assignments, I'm killing it in football, and I-"

"You quit glee." Quinn interrupted.

"Honestly, I didn't think anyone would miss me." Puck responded. "And I've sort of been avoiding Santana."

Quinn bit her lip.

"I'm sorry about last year, Quinn." Puck said softly. "For everything."

"You hurt me, but what's worse is you hurt Beth." Quinn replied. "What you did was selfish."

Puck nodded. "I know, and I'm sorry. If I could go back, I would change things."

"We're the ones who are supposed to be there for her and protect her." Quinn stated.

"Neither of you need me." Puck said. "I'm sure Evans is an upgrade."

Quinn shook her head. "He's not you."

Puck looked at her.

"Beth needs you." Quinn sighed. "You're her dad."

"Does he know that?" Puck wondered.

Quinn nodded.

"You got over me fast." Puck noted.

"Not as fast as you got over me." Quinn pointed out.

Puck frowned. "I don't wanna make any more mistakes when it comes to Beth."

"I want you to be in her life, but not yet." Quinn said again. "I need to know that you deserve it."

Puck nodded and slowly stood up. "Anything either of you need, text or call me. Any time of day."

"Thank you." Quinn said.

"It'll work better if you unblock my number." Puck teased.

Quinn smiled slightly as she stood up. "Right."

"Oh, I almost forgot." Puck said as he pulled a folded envelope out of his pocket. "This is for you. Well, for Beth, but... I wanted to give you some money for her. For diapers or whatever."

Quinn shook her head as she held the envelope out towards Puck. "I can't take this."

"I know it isn't the same as having me around to help these past few months, but I thought it would make things a little easier." Puck said. "Take it."

Quinn bit her lip and looked at Puck.

Puck put his hands over Quinn's, gently pushing them towards her chest. "Take it. Please."

"Thank you." Quinn gave in. "You didn't have to do this."

"She's not gonna grow up like we did." Puck decided. "I'm not gonna do that to her."

"Thank you." Quinn smiled slightly as the bell rang.

"See you later, Q."

"See you later."