62

"I talked to your mom yesterday." Quinn told Puck as she headed to the cafeteria with him for lunch.

Puck raised his eyebrow. "Where'd you see my mom?"

"She was at my house when I got home from school." Quinn informed Puck.

Puck nodded.

"She asked me how you're doing." Quinn explained. "She said she worries about you, even though you tell her you're fine."

"I am." Puck said.

"I know." Quinn responded. "I told her that I'm proud of you."

"I'm proud of you. You're the one who's been doing all the hard work." Puck stated.

Quinn shook her head. "We both have. It's been an adjustment, but you've done a complete 180."

Puck shrugged.

"I'm proud of you." Quinn told Puck as she took his hand. "And I appreciate everything you've been doing, not only for me and Beth, but for yourself, too."

Puck smiled. "I like helping with her, Q. And being around for her. I don't want her to grow up like me and Sarah did."

"Me neither." Quinn said as she led Puck into the cafeteria. "And she's not going to because you are nothing like your father."

Puck squeezed Quinn's hand as they reached the lunch table.

"Hey, guys." Finn smiled.

"Hey." Quinn smiled back as she and Puck sat down. "What's up?"

"What's up with you two?" Rachel wondered with a small smile.

Quinn looked at Puck.

"I told Quinn when she's ready, I'll ask her out." Puck responded as he looked at Quinn.

"Focus on not stepping on my toes in glee club, Puckerman." Quinn teased.

"I'll do my best, Fabray." Puck promised.

Quinn grinned as she leaned her head against Puck's arm.