78

Between work and community service, Puck was barely around all week. Quinn knew he worked a lot so he could provide for Beth, and she felt guilty about it.

Since Quinn didn't get to see Puck much that week, she dedicated herself to teaching Beth how to say Dada. She knew it would mean a lot to Puck.

"Puck's not here today." Finn noted as he looked at Quinn in glee club on Friday.

"We need to talk about that." Mr. Schue said. "I need you guys here. No more skipping glee club unless we've talked about it."

"Mr. Schue." Quinn raised her hand. "Noah was finishing his community service hours today. He went to tell you at lunch, but you weren't in your office."

Mr. Schue nodded slowly. "Okay. Thank you, Quinn. Let's, uh, let's just move on."

-

When glee club ended, Quinn and Olivia got a ride home from Finn. He and Puck were planning on fixing her car the following day.

"I'm gonna go get ready for Breadstix." Quinn decided after she greeted Judy when they got home.

Quinn took Beth from Judy and excused herself. She went upstairs to her room.

"B, Mama and Dada are going on a date tonight." Quinn told Beth. "Mama's really nervous, but excited. And Mama wants you to surprise Dada and say Dada."

"Mama." Beth smiled.

"Beth, come on." Quinn requested. "Say Dada."

"Mama." Beth repeated with a grin. She knew exactly what she was doing.

"Please say Dada." Quinn begged. "Say Dada."

"Mama." Beth said again.

Quinn sighed as she sat down on her bed with Beth. She went to grab her phone from her nightstand, but it fell to the floor instead. "Fuck."

"Fuck." Beth repeated.

Quinn's eyes widened as she picked her phone up and looked at Beth. "No, no, no."

"Fuck." Beth said.

Quinn sighed. "You said Mama. Why won't you say Dada, B?"

Beth smiled at Quinn.

"Come here." Quinn said as she picked Beth up and stood up. She walked over to her closet to find something to wear.

Quinn put on a pink floral dress and white wedges. She straightened her hair and touched up her makeup.

Quinn got ready for her date quickly, so that she could spend more time with Beth before she left.

Around 7pm, the doorbell rang. Quinn had butterflies in her stomach so she took a deep breath as she brought Beth downstairs to get the door.

"Hi." Quinn smiled at Puck.

"Hi. You look gorgeous." Puck told her as he kissed her cheek and looked at Beth. "Hi, B."

"Thank you. Beth, say hi to Dada." Quinn requested.

Beth looked at Quinn.

"We should, um, go." Quinn nodded as she looked at Puck. "Come inside. I'll go get Olivia."