12

When Quinn got home from school, she furrowed her eyebrow when she saw another car out front.

Quinn went inside and found her mom in the living room with Tom and Olivia.

"Hey." Quinn muttered.

"Hi, honey." Judy said. "How was school?"

"I have a lot of homework, so I'm gonna get to it." Quinn decided as she started to walk away.

"Quinny, say hi to Tom and Olivia." Judy requested.

"Hi." Quinn said.

"Hi." Olivia repeated.

"Why don't you show Olivia to the guest room?" Judy ordered. "Help her with her things."

"Sure." Quinn nodded. "Where are they?"

"In the car." Olivia answered. "We just got here."

Quinn looked at Judy. "I'm meeting Ruth soon. I'm gonna be late."

"I thought you asked her to come here." Judy said.

Quinn shook her head. "She's working tonight. I was gonna grab food with her before her shift."

"Who's Ruth?" Tom wondered.

Quinn didn't answer. She walked outside and started unloading bags from the car.

"You could help, you know." Quinn told Olivia. "These are your things."

"Right. Sorry." Olivia muttered as she grabbed one of the larger suitcases.

Quinn picked up a few of the boxes and headed back inside.

"So who's Ruth?" Olivia wondered.

"My ex-boyfriend's mom." Quinn replied as she led Olivia upstairs.

Olivia furrowed her eyebrow. "You still see your ex's mom?"

"It's complicated." Quinn said.

Luckily, Olivia didn't ask anything else.

Quinn entered the guest bedroom and put the boxes on the floor. "This is your room now, I guess. I'm down the hall, closer to the bathroom."

Olivia nodded.

"When are you starting school at McKinley?" Quinn asked.

"Monday." Olivia answered.

Quinn nodded. "I'll leave you to the unpacking then. I should go get ready."