48

Quinn avoided Sam and his texts for the rest of Christmas break. On the first day back from break, she was nervous about seeing him, so she decided to talk to Finn.

"I got your text." Finn stated as he walked into the choir room during lunch. "What's going on?"

"I wanted to talk to you." Quinn said as she closed the choir room doors.

"Sounds serious." Finn noted. "Everything okay? Beth's okay?"

Quinn nodded. "Everything is fine."

Finn nodded back and sat down.

Quinn sat down beside him.

"Quinn, what's going on?" Finn repeated.

Quinn took a deep breath. "I think I'm starting to have feelings for Puck."

"What?" Finn asked.

"Well, I don't know if they've been here and I've been suppressing them or ignoring them, or if they're new." Quinn rambled on as she looked at Finn.

Finn smiled slightly. "When did you realize this?"

"When we kissed." Quinn said softly.

Finn raised his eyebrow. "You kissed? Man, Puck doesn't tell me anything anymore."

"We kissed on Christmas." Quinn admitted. "But you can't tell Sam or Rachel or anyone."

"I won't." Finn promised. "Tell me more about your feelings for Puck."

Quinn felt her cheeks turning red. "He's the romantic one, not me."

"Well, what do you feel?" Finn questioned Quinn.

"I feel happy and safe." Quinn told Finn. "He's so good to me and Beth, and he takes really good care of us."

Finn nodded.

"I heard you talking to your mom and Kurt when I was over." Quinn admitted. "About how you wanted me to break up with Sam."

"Y-You heard that?" Finn stuttered.

"Sam is a good guy." Quinn said. "And he loves me, but no one knows me as well as Puck does."

"He got to know you pretty well last year." Finn pointed out.

Quinn shook her head. "I just mean he pays attention to me. He knows what I need and he knows me."

"You should talk to Sam." Finn advised Quinn.

Quinn nodded. "I know."

"I'm gonna go back to the lunchroom." Finn decided as he stood up. "If I see Sam, I'll tell him you're here looking for him."

"Okay." Quinn nodded as she stood up and hugged Finn. "Thank you."

"Of course." Finn smiled as they parted. "Text me if you need me."

-

A few minutes later, Sam entered the choir room.

"Hey, Finn said you were looking for me." Sam said as he walked over to Quinn.

Quinn nodded slowly. "I wanna break up."

Sam furrowed his eyebrow. "Why?"

"Noah and I kissed on Christmas." Quinn replied.

"One meaningless kiss doesn't bother me." Sam said.

"I don't think it was meaningless." Quinn admitted. "And I wanna break up with you and figure things out."

"No." Sam shook his head.

"No?" Quinn raised her eyebrow.

"You and me aren't breaking up." Sam told Quinn. "I kept my mouth shut about Puck beating me up, so you can keep your mouth shut until you're over whatever this is."

Quinn folded her arms. "Why would I do that?"

"Because if you don't, I can go to Figgins and tell him everything and get Puck sent back to juvie." Sam said.

"You're gonna blackmail me?" Quinn asked.

Sam shook his head. "It's not blackmail."

"You know, you can do whatever you want to hurt me, but if you do something that makes Beth lose her dad, that's crossing a huge line." Quinn hissed as she walked out of the choir room.