35

After appetizers, Quinn and Sam went up to Quinn's room.

"I wanted to talk to you before Noah gets here." Quinn began as she sat down on her bed, holding Beth on her lap.

Sam nodded and sat down slowly.

"I really want both of you to get along." Quinn began. "It would mean a lot to me."

"Tell him that." Sam responded.

"I did." Quinn said.

"I can do that." Sam said as he stood up.

"There's another thing I wanted to talk about." Quinn told Sam.

Sam looked at her.

"The promise ring." Quinn stated.

"What about it?" Sam wondered.

"What exactly does it mean for us?" Quinn questioned Sam.

Sam smiled as he sat down and took Quinn's hands. "It means that I'll love you until the day I die, and I'll protect you and Beth with my life. I'll be there to make you laugh and hold you when you cry."

"That's really sweet." Quinn smiled. "But, um, I meant what does it mean for us? What do you want from me?"

Sam furrowed his eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"You don't expect me to sleep with you or anything, do you?" Quinn blurted. "Because I'm still not ready."

"No, Quinn, of course not." Sam shook his head. "I love you, and I just wanna be fully committed to each other."

"This doesn't have anything to do with Noah being back, right?" Quinn asked.

"N-No." Sam stuttered.

"Sam, I'm with you." Quinn pointed out. "If I wanted to be with Noah, I'd be with him."

"I know." Sam nodded.

Quinn looked at him. "We're good?"

"We're good." Sam replied as the doorbell rang.