13

As Martin was buying the tickets he couldn't help notice the piano playing in the background.
He smiled, thanking the man who gave him the tickets and walked over to the piano in the middle of class of the huge hall where Zoe sat playing.
Martin sat on the stool beside her, "you're really good." He said, putting an arm around her shoulder, he was beginning to move closer.
"Well you sort of have to be to be good to be a teacher." She replied, looking into Martin's eyes as she continued to play and smile.
"Did you get your diploma?" He asked, "I know I didn't get past grade 8."
"I used to play piano in the royal Albert hall." She said, putting her hands off the keyboard and looking into Martin's eyes, then to his lips,
"Thats incredible." He replied, lost in the moment, leaning closer.
"Woah! Woah! Woah!" Interrupted Ryan, making Martin and Zoe move apart.
Ryan put his drink on top of the piano as Ollie walked over beside him.
"Sorry for interrupting." Smirked Ollie, grinning at Martin who had said that to him at lunch time yesterday.
Martin laughed awkwardly, taking his water bottle from Cloda and telling her to keep the change.
"So you two! What's going on here?!" Laughed Jemma,
"Let's get back into the bus. Come on we'll miss the train." Said Martin, trying to change the subject as he stood up.
"Ah! Ah! Ah! You two were gonna kiss and you can't deny it!" Said Ryan, putting his hands on Martin and Zoe's shoulders.
Zoe burst out laughing, adding to her blush.
"You could have picked a quieter spot." Giggled Lucy, clutching her bag over her shoulder.
Martin and Zoe said nothing as they laughed, walking back outside into the bus.
"You two got together fast!" Laughed Cloda, sitting in the seat behind Zoe and Martin.
"We were merely looking into each other's eyes, there was no touching of the lips!" Repelled Martin, chuckling.
"You can try to justify it all you like but you two were about to kiss." Mocked Jemma.
"Shut up you lot!" Zoë burst out, fanning herself with her hands from blushing.
Martin laughed at her, giving her a nudge as he drove onto the train in the tunnel.

When the train set off, Martin turned off the engine and turned around to see all the kids sitting in the beds.
"So you've got the bed situation settled?" Asked Martin, walking down the middle aisle towards the bed at the back.
"Well we're hardly letting you two get the double bed!" Said Ryan, sticking his head up.
"Excuse me!" Said Martin, surprised by their naughtiness.
"Well we'd rather not see our teachers in action." Added Ollie, making Zoe and Martin burst out laughing,
"I love the way you put it that way. I'm not gonna ride her!" Laughed Martin,
"Martin!" Exclaimed Zoë, slapping his arm.
"What other way do you want me to put it?!" He repelled in laughter. "They're old enough! We don't need a big taboo!"
"We've not even kissed yet and you're talking about the big taboo." Laughed Zoe, sitting back down on her seat,
"Well technically we have." Said Martin,
"-when we were young and stupid." She added, "now shut up before it happens again."
"Would you two stop flirting, you're supposed to be the responsible adults!" Called Cloda, laughing at her teachers,
"Who knows what they're gonna be like by the time we get home." Whispered Lucy,
"Pregnant." Laughed Ryan.
"I can hear you!" Called Zoe, leaning against Martin who was slowly falling asleep on the seats behind the driver's.
"Who've you ensured on this car?" Asked Zoë,
"Me, you and Ryan." He muttered, leaning his head against the window.
"Me?! Oh yeah!" Exclaimed Ryan,
"You tired?" Asked Zoë, leaning on Martin's shoulder,
"Got no sleep last night." He moaned, "this bloody tour."
Zoe smiled, "dedicated man."
Martin opened his eyes again and smiled back at her before winking and closing his eyes.
"I saw that wink." Said Ryan, lying down on the mattress beside Ollie.
"Pass me a pillow will you?" Asked Zoë, looking at Ollie.
Ollie just smiled, throwing her one, in which she placed under Martin's head before pushing his legs up on the seats.
"You know we'll be in France in about ten minutes." Said Lucy,
"Sure I'll drive, he's exhausted." Said Zoe,
"Do you love him?" Asked Lucy, who cared for her teacher as he was the only one who knew about her parents.
Zoe looked over at everyone, "this time last week I didn't know him."
"A lot can happen in a week." Said Ryan.
"I'm sure your principle wouldn't approve of.. us.." she said, laughing slightly.
All of a sudden her phone started to ring. It was Bronagh Watson.
"Speak of the devil!" Exclaimed Zoe, answering her phone.
"Hello Mrs Watson!" She said, pressing the phone against her ear and moving to the front seat.
"Hi Zoë hows everything going? Where are you?" Asked Bronagh with an unusual amount of giddiness.
"We are in the euro tunnel, not sure how I'm getting signal! All is well here!" Said Zoe, "we've got an excited little bunch."
"I'm sure you do- how's Martin holding up?"
"H-he's fine, good, yes.. why?" Asked Zoë, becoming concerned as she looked down at the sleeping Martin.
"Tragic accident at his house several months ago, just hoping he's got himself together again."
Zoe sat back down in surprise, she hadn't known about the 'tragic accident'.
"Y-yeah he seems to be doing alright." She replied, feeling that she knew Martin less.
"Where is he now?" She asked,
"He's just fallen asleep actually, long day driving." Sighed Zoë, feeling uneasy,
"Alright, call me if anything happens, Zoë. Good luck on the tour!"
"Thanks.. bye.." ended Zoë, looking into space after she hung up.
"Everything alright?" Asked Lucy from the top bunk.
"Y-Yeah.." Sighed Zoë, feeling that she didn't know Martin at all.