Blonde Moments

Raines' P.O.V

Instead of wandering around, not knowing what to do, we went and got ice cream. Liam got his favorite, cookie dough, and I got my favorite, which was strawberry. We were holding hands, walking along the beach, eating ice cream. It was actually pretty nice. It wasn't to hot or to cold outside, it was warm with a small breeze. Perfect. Liam lifted my hand up and pressed his lips against it.

"You're going to get ice cream all over my hand!" I told him but I was smiling anyway.

"You'll live," he teases.

"I'm sure I will." He smiled at me and we continued walking. "When are X-Factor tryouts?" I ask.

"Um..they're in about three weeks," He tells me cautiously. Like he knows part of me doesn't want him to leave.

"Oh...." I looked down then at the water.

"Hey, don't be upset. I don't like seeing you sad," He says, pulling me close to him.

"I know, but you and the guys are like the only real friends I have here. I don't want to finish high school without you. You're the only reason I'm on two feet. I feel like I'll be knocked back down when you leave," I explained.

"Come try out with us!" He pleads.

"Liam, I wish I could but I can't." I let go of him, shaking my head.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't have to the nerve," I finally admit.

"You should take a chance! They'd love you!"

"I'm sure they would!" I tell him sarcastically, rolling me eyes.

" If I love you then they will too. So try out with us!"

"Liam, wait. You love me?" I asked, looking at him with a side glance. I begin to freak out. We haven't known each other long at all. But I've never felt like this before. The way he makes me feel, it's like something from a movie.

"I think so....." I can't believe he actually said that. Does he actually love me? Do I love him back?

"You think so?" I asked questioningly.

"Yes. I love you Raines!" He gives me a small kiss on the cheek and we continue our walk. Instead of holding hands, Liam put his arm around my waist and I wrap mine around his.

"I wish all days could be like this," I whispered to him.

"What? With me?" He grins and I laugh.

"Yes Liam. With you," I giggle.

"Are you being sarcastic?" He asks me, clearly offended.

"No, I'm not."

"Okay um...this is weird. You're my girlfriend, and I don't know your favorite color."

"Navy blue, what's yours?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Purple. What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"As of now, I would like to be a vet. But, if I had the courage, I'd love to be a singer."

"SO WOULD I! We have so much in common! It's like we were made for each other!! What's your favorite movie?"

   He makes me laugh. He's like a little kid when he gets excited.

"All of the Star Wars movies...I can't just pick one. It's hard to choose."

"Mine is Toy Story 3," He says proudly. He has no shame whatsoever.

"Of course it is!" I say sarcastically

"Is that supposed to mean something?" He feigns shock.

"Noo..." I mutter, looking off.