Changing For The Better..... Or Worse???

Hey guys!!! I know I'm going fast on this book but I love writing it! 

  Raines' P.O.V

       Harry, Louis, and I sit together during Geography. The teacher doesn't assign seats, so I'm able to sit with them, thankfully. I end up having to help them on the individual assignments. So technically they couldn't be called individual assignments, but I was completely fine with it. It was nice to have people to talk to. I was so used to how lonely I felt. They aren't the brightest students but they're good enough so I wasn't explaining everything. I just keep on worrying about Maths. God I'm off track today. I'm barely even paying attention to the teacher so I know homework is going to be a pain in the ass. But I could call Liam, Harry, Louis, or Zayn for help. They were probably paying attention; more than I was, at least. I'm very distracted. I'm never like this. Not once. I have a schedule that I stick to each day. Get up, get a shower, get dressed, do my hair and leave. Then when I get home I do my homework, sing, practice guitar and piano, read, then go to sleep, same thing every day. I usually get my homework done quickly so I can sing and play all my worries away. Sing my hearts' content. Play my feelings through the piano notes. It helps; on occasion. But sometimes the depression is just so bad that I cry myself to sleep.

   I snap myself back into reality and begin to write down a note about the molecules in the Sun. I just write what comes out about the teacher's mouth. I don't exactly have my full attention back on the class, just a little back on track. I have a full two pages of notes. Almost everyone else had about five, but I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get the drift of things for my homework. 

  I gather by things and head for the door.

   "Raines! Wait up!" I hear Louis call. I turn around. I'm so worried about 'him' that I completely forgot about Harry and Louis.

  "I...I have to get to class...." I blush and look away. I slowly walk away from him. I didn't feel like turning around and having to face him. I'm too embarrassed. I could feel their eyes on me though. I find myself slammed into the lockers with so much force I almost choked on my breath.

   "Where's your pretty little boyfriend now? Guess he doesn't like you after all. No one will ever like a nerd like you! You're just a helpless little bitch. You don't have a life. I bet Liam was just hanging out with you because he felt sorry for you," Lee spat. 

     I felt the tears in my eyes, but I don't let them spill. But I know he's right. No one will ever date a nerd like me. Let alone like a nerd like me. That's what makes me realize the truth. That's why the tears are in my eyes. Because every word that comes out of Lee's mouth is true. All of it is true. I turn my head to the left, my face pressed against the cold, metal locker. I couldn't look Lee in the eye. He stands about a foot taller than me. He's strongly built. He can very easily over power me. I'm so light and fragile. I look like I'll break at the slightest touch. And I guess I can.

  I hear a husky male voice on the other side of me. I looked to my right and see that Louis and Liam are standing there.

   "What are you pretty boys gonna do about it? You know this bitch is full of crap! She's ugly, stupid, and I bet she spends all of her time reading those stupid romance novels, just hoping one day she'll find a guy when we all know that she won't." Lee looks at me and slaps me in the face, slamming my head against the cold, hard metal. I feel dizzy. I hold my cheek. He hit me very hard and I know I'm going to have a bruise in the morning. I finally gather the strength and turn around. Harry had punched Lee and Lee was lying on the floor, groaning in pain. Damn Harry's got an arm. I see Liam making his way over to us. A crowd starts to form. I slid down the lockers. Suddenly I don't feel so good, my head starts spinning, and finally I closed my eyes as I feel strong arms wrap around me.