Protective

I'm sorry the last chapter was so bad. I'll try and make this one better. I hope you like it!!

---

Raines' POV

I woke up, Liam's head rested in the crook of my neck. I turned my head a little and smiled at nothing before pulling the blanket off of my legs and slowly slipping out of the bed to grab my phone. I heard a grunt from behind me and stopped moving for a second. Once I heard the soft snores coming from Liam, I went ahead and slid out of the bed.

I felt a hand tugging on my arm. I turned around and looked at Liam, who had one eye open and he was looking at me.

"Hey baby," I whispered, leaning back to him and kissing his lips before pulling back.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked me, his voice husky, sending shivers down my spine as he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me back to his chest as he buried his face back into my chest. I let my fingers slightly run through the ends of his hair.

"I was going to get my phone...." I muttered.

"No," He said sternly, pulling his face back. "I know what you're going to do. No. Just lay with me...I don't want you having to read all of that..."

I thought about it for a minute, knowing myself that he was right about what I wanted to do when I got my phone. I wanted to see what they were saying now. So I let out a sigh and relaxed into Liam's grip. His arms tightened around me.

"Thank you," He whispered, kissing my collarbone. I smiled and rested my head on top of his.

"Holding me close enough?" I asked him, as I looked down at him, admiring how cute he was.

"No," He said. I laughed, rested my head back on his. I felt his hand slide down my side and rest under my thigh, pulling my leg around him.

His hand slowly rubbed up and down my leg, trying to calm me down. I guess he could tell I was a bit tense. I was holding back tears as the memories of last night came flooding back.

I took in a shaky breath, letting Liam hold me tight. A tear slipped from my eye and landed on him. He looked up at me and I closed my eyes, squeezing them shut.

"They don't know about the things we do

They don't know about the 'I love you'

But I bet you if you only knew

They would just be jealous of us

They don't know about the up all nights

They don't know I waited all my life

Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they don't know about

They don't know about us

They don't know how special you are

They don't know what you've done to my heart

They can say anything they want

But they don't know about us

They don't know what we do best

It's between me and you, our little secret

But I wanna tell 'em

I wanna tell the world that you're my girl"

I managed to smile through my tears as he sang to me. After he finished singing he reached up and kissed me softly. His voice always could calm me down.