Turn Up Turn Down Turn On Turn Off

I'm so glad I finally get to update this book. I miss updating. I'm sorry there's just so many things going on right now. School keeps me so occupied. It's just...idk. Anyway here's the next chapter of DOATN. I'm so happy about all the reads I've been getting. I also want to say thank you for all the nice comments you guys leaving, and I'm so happy that you guys vote for this book. It means a lot to me. So here it is!

---

Raines' POV

When it had finally sunk into Niall that his mircrophone was off, he stopped singing, stood up and walked off the stage. He neared us quickly, he was nearly running by the time the boys noticed he was gone.

When he stepped off the stage, to back stage, I stood in front of him and held his shoulders, looking in his blue eyes. He had tears slowly flowing from his eyes, as he refused to look up at me.

"Niall, Niall look up at me," I whispered to him. The blonde boy shook his head, refusing to look up at me. I could tell he was embarassed, he was upset, he was ashamed, and I've never felt so bad for someone in my life. Niall's always been the happy one. The funny one. The boy that cheers everyone up with just a laugh. Sometimes a fart.

I didn't hesitate to pull him into my arms, wrapping my arms tightly around his shoulders as I stood on my tip-toes so I could reach him. It took a minute but he wrapped his arms around me too. I felt his body shake under mine as he began to cry. I ran my fingers through his hair slowly, whispering in his ear that it was gonna be okay.

"What the fuck was that?!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I looked up from Niall's shoulder to see Liam and the other three boys walking back stage, all four of them looking pissed as hell. I let go of Niall and grabbed his hand, pulling him down the hall, away from the group of yelling boys. I knew there was a pretty good chance of someone dying tonight.

I lead him to the back door and to the tour bus, so he could get away from all yelling and attention, he was already hurt enough. I know Harry, Louis, Liam, Zayn, Lou, and Katie were all pissed off, yelling and screaming and fighting, trying to find the person that turned off his microphone.

Once Niall and I were standing in front of the tour bus, I let go of his hand for a split second, long enough fo me to grab the door and use all of my force to pull open the door. Wounds from long ago began to burn as the skin and muscles pulled.

I got the door open though. I motioned for Niall to go through, and when he did, I followed behind him, letting the door slam shut behind me. Niall walked over to the couch, sat on it and curled into a ball, and just sat there, not doing anything. His lifeless eyes stared at the wall, not blinking. He seemed to not breathe either. I couldn't tell. I walked over next to him and sat next to him on the couch. I put my hand on the back of his neck, and laid his head in my lap, tracing the his shoulder with the pad of my finger. I felt his body start to shake softly again as he cried himself to sleep.

---

I woke up the next day with my neck hurting like hell. I sat up and tried to stand up to see that there was a person laying on top of me. I looked down and saw Niall, with a tear-stained covered face, then images began flashing in my mind from last night.

"Good morning sleeping beauty. Sleep well with Niall on your lap?" A voice asked. I looked up to see Liam standing in the kitchen, pouring some cereal.

"When I did get to sleep, yeah. I slept good. I'm not gonna move him though. I don't want him to wake up for a little while. He needs his sleep, especially after the events that happened last night, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to wake up," I told Liam, looking down at Niall and running my fingers over his scalp, messing with his soft hair.