One Step Closer To You

So I received a lot of good reviews on the previous chapter, so I hope I will get the same results with this chapter. I love you all and I hope you love this chapter!! Here you go!

--

Raines' POV

I woke up, my body cold. I groaned and reached over, trying to find the warmth of Liam's body. My hands searched a half empty bed. I opened one eye and looked, no one. I groaned again and stuffed my face in my pillow. I'm tired and cold and I don't want to get out of bed. But I have to now, because Liam wasn't here to keep me warm. What a lovely fiancé I have.

I forced my self out of bed, my hair in my face. I didn't care though. I reached for the door knob, and slammed my hand into the wall, making me close my eyes and open them again, in tired frustration. I moved my hand and grabbed the door knob and twisted the door open, revealing Katie, Liam and Harry, all laughing. Liam and Harry were cooking something that surprisingly smelled edible, while Katie sat and watched them at the bar, spinning the chair playfully. How are they all wide awake? It's so early.

"Well good morning!" Liam's voice called. I opened my eyes and looked at him through my eyelashes, not bothering to greet him. I'm too tired. I shouldn't even be awake right now. Again...what a lovely fiancé I have.

"Well you look like shit," Katie said as I sat next to her. I looked at her and nodded, agreeing with her even though I haven't looked in a mirror, yet. I don't plan on it either.

"Thanks," I said in a dull tone, my voice groggy, raspy, and tired. She laughed and I glared at her, pulling my hair up in a high bun so it isn't in my face anymore, because the thick, curly locks annoyed the hell out of me every once in a while.

"I was only kidding. You look fine. Just tired," Katie told me once she finished her laughing fit. I love how she laughs at things that aren't funny. She's always laughing. At the most random times.

I laid my head on her shoulder, and she laid her head on mine. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh of relief. I swear if everyone would have stopped talking, I would have fell asleep right there, on her shoulder. It most likely would result in my falling and busting open my head.

"Tired much?" A British accent asked me. I opened my eyes. Harold. Edward. Styles. Does he not know what a shirt is? Or what sleep is?

"I'm so tempted to get out of this chair and slap you," I told Harry. He chuckled and went back to cooking.

"What are we doing today?" I asked them, my eyes closed once again, as a yawn escaped my parted lips.

"Well, in one hour we're leaving for North Carolina," Liam told me and I groaned again, not wanting to get on the bus with a loud ten, now eleven people. I mean I loved them all deeply, but you know I am not in the mood for loud people. It's too early and I am way, way too tired.

---

After the concert, we all, meaning Andy, Sandy, Josh, Jon, Louis, Liam, Harry, Niall, Zayn, Katie, and I, all stood on the beach shores, laughing and messing around. The sun was setting, so the sky was a greyish blue color, and it was gorgeous. The wind blew my curly locks behind my head as I walked on the shore, letting the waves wash over my feet, watching the sun slowly set into the Pacific ocean, letting the moon rise and breath.

"Raines! You have a phone call!" Liam said behind me. He has been holding my phone for me all night, because I had on a dress for the concert and couldn't carry it myself. (Dress on side.)

I turned around, resulting in my hair blowing in my face once again. Liam and I met halfway as I read the unfamiliar number and frowned. I answered it anyway, tucking my hair behind my ear, so I could talk without it getting in my mouth.