Meeting The Parents

Liam's P.O.V

"Mum! Dad! How was the cruise?" I said excitedly. They each hugged me and kissed me on the cheek.

"It was amazing honey! Did you behave while we were gone?" My mum asked while hugging me. 

"I don't think you should ask me. I can't judge," I told her. My mum just laughed.

"Who's this?" My mum and dad looked behind me and followed their gaze. They were looking at Raines. Who was standing in the kitchen door. Looking very shy. Her normal Raines self. I walked over to her, grabbed her hand, and pulled her over to my parents.

"Mum, dad, this is Raines. She's my girlfriend," I explained. I held her hand and looked at my parents confidently.

"Hi, nice to meet you," Raines said politely and shook my parents hands.

"She's a pretty one, Liam. You know Liam from school?" My mum asked.

"Yes ma'am." She said, looking up at my mum, pulling her lips up into a shy smile.

"Well, we can all get to know each other, after your father and I go set our stuff in our room." I watched them disppear upstairs.

"See, they don't hate you." I said, turning to Raines once my parents were out of earshot.

"And I guess we don't have to run away." I put my hands on her hips and pressed my forehead against hers. Her eyes were so gorgeous. She was gorgeous. Her eyes reminded me of a diamond, but blue. They were unbelievably blue. They seemed to smile. Just like she was smiling now. I pressed my lips against hers, in a small but sweet kiss. We seemed to dance in the living room. My arms around her waist, hers around my neck, we swayed back and forth to no music at all. I felt so happy right now. I would freeze the moment right now if I could. We stayed like that for a few minutes, then she laid her head on my chest and closed her eyes and I set my chin on her head. Eventually I realized my parents were watching.

  My cheeks went beat red as I stopped looking at Raines. She just smiled at me and stepped away, still holding my hand. I guess she got a little more confidence. We walked over the couch and sat down.

"You two look adorable together, OK, Raines tell us about yourself," My mum said, dragging my dad to the couch with her.

"Well, I go to the same school as Liam, I play piano and guitar-" Raines started.

"She also sings!" I said, interrupting her.

"Liam!" She slapped my arm.

"Raines, you have got to quit doing that!" I told her.

"Well, I don't appreciate you telling everyone I sing." She hissed.

"Well you do!" I whispered back.

"It's supposed to be a secret!"

"Mum, we're trying to get Raines to come try out with the guys and I for X-Factor."

"That'd be a nice idea!"  My dad said, looking at my mom and nodding.

"She disagrees though."  I said, giving her a side-glance.

"Well Raines, I wish I could hear you sing, so I can tell you how good you are," My dad said to her.

"Raines, let me see your phone," I instructed.

"No, your going to show them that video of me singing aren't you?" She asked.

"Maybe," I looked away ashamed.

"See, I'm not giving you my phone."

"Well mum trust me, she sings better than I do," 

"No I don't!! Liam no I don't."

"Suuurrreee." She rolled her eyes at my comment.

"Liam, sings better than anyone I've heard. Please ignore his comments about my voice."

"Why don't we have a singing competition? Liam, you go first," My dad intruscted.

"What?!" Raines cried out.

"Um, dad Raines, has had a rough day, I don't think she should sing." I gave my dad a 'tell you later' look and he nodded.

"Okay, well nevermind then."

"Um, Liam, your breakfast is still in the kitchen," Raines reminded me. I mentally slapped myself in the face.

"Oh, yeah." I walked in the kitchen , got the cups and plate and came back into the living room with my parents and Raines. I handed Raines a glass and sat down next to her. She may not eat much, but she can cook like a pro.

"How is it?" She asked me.

"Amazing. What I don't understand, is how you wiegh like 80 pounds, at 16 and still can cook like Paula Deen or something like that."

"Well, I need something to do for my brother when my parents aren't there."

"Well your parents must not be there a lot."

"No, they're not."

Raines' P.O.V

I got a text from Liam. What the fudge.

follow my lead, and we can ditch this place

"Hey, Raines, weren't we supposed to meet the guys at the movies right about now?" It took me a second to process what was going on.

"Oh...yeah."

"Let's go." He waved goodbye to his parents before we walked out of the house. "WE'RE FREE!" He shouted. I laughed out his sudden outburst. "Get in the car!" He jumped in the drivers seat of his car.

"Are we actually going to the movies?" I asked him a little confused as we got in the car.

"No."

"Where are we going?"

"I don't have a clue!"