Attitude, friendships, and Harry Styles

Alrighty well here's the long awaited chapter!! Don't forget to vote and comment.

Raines' POV

  Katie was sitting on her bed, facing the wall as I French braided her hair. She asked me to do her hair, since no one else here knew how to French braid hair and she loved how I did mine.

"It's too early to be awake. I usually sleep until two. I don't see the point in them getting us up at 5 am every morning to take our blood pressure. I'm 14 not 40!" She ranted. I laughed.

"That's true. But I'm 16. And I usually don't get that much sleep. But I usually get in until about noon. I have a routine to maintain."

"Katie, you know that you act like you own the place sometimes. You act like you're older than you are. You and your attitude problems," Ms. Lisa called from outside.

"I'M NOT YOURS TO JUDGE THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I DIDN'T ASK YOU FOR YOUR OPINION ON HOW I FEEL! MY ATTITUDE IS BASED ON HOW PEOPLE TREAT ME AND MY FEELINGS ARE BASED ON HOW I TREAT MYSELF!" Katie yelled back, clearly pissed off, and had a LOT of attitude in her voice. I bit my tongue and formed my lips into a line, to keep myself from laughing at their "conversation".

    She laughed and I twisted over a piece of hair. Honestly her hair was amazing and the braid looked so cool because of the two colors of her hair. It was weird, but cool at the same time.

"I have no social life, what so ever. So I sleep in until 2, watch movies and eat peanut butter, and check my Instagram and Twitter until I decide it's time to go back to bed. I love those days. It's every Saturday. But on week days I'm forced to go to school, Sunday's I'm forced to wake up at 9:30 to go to church. And that's the only place where I feel like people understand me. Like they understand what's going on, even if they don't know. I don't have to worry about the bullies at church; because that's the one place they leave me alone. And I can tell them anything, and trust them with that information. I don't have any worries...I just...I'm at home there. That's where I can be myself, and not care what people think, because they won't judge me, they'll join me. That's where my heart is. I miss everyone so much."

  I smiled at her. It's good knowing she had a place to confide in when she was down. Everyone needs one of those types of places.

"Wow. That was deep," I said with humor in my voice. "I'm only kidding. But that's good you have a place to confide in. Mine is music. It's the thing that keeps me breathing, keeps me going, and keeps me alive. It's saved me from doing so much to hurt myself and many others."

"Do you play anything?" She asked, suddenly interested in my love for music."

"I do," I told her while sitting on the bed next to her. She turned and faced me, bringing her braid over her shoulder. "I play piano and guitar, and the throat. If you even count that as an instrument, I do."

"The throat?" She asked. I laughed.

"I sing."

"Oh. That makes more sense!" She laughed with me. "How does my hair look?"

"It looks fine! Not like we're going anywhere important today. It'll be normal. I'm guessing. I'm not really used to it here."

"I know. But I don't really want to look like shit today. I'd rather look somewhat decent. Never know when I might actually get a visitor for once." I saw tears in her eyes, just at the mention that her family doesn't even come see her anymore. It's like they don't care. But I know they do.

  I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, knowing how lonely she felt. Like no one's there for her. But all in all...there's more people there than she thinks, including me.

  She buried her head into my neck, and breathed deeply and unevenly. I rubbed her back softly, in hopes of calming her down. It failed. I heard her begin to cry softly into my shoulder.

"It's gonna be okay. I promise," I whispered into her ear and she nodded. I kissed her hair softly and she let go of me, and I released my arms from her. She wiped a tear away from under her eyes and I watched her, as she tried to calm herself down again. I was like that too; emotional. I couldn't even control it sometimes; I'd just lose myself in the most random situations.

"You okay now?" I asked, just to be sure.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She nodded. I'm pretty sure she was trying to convince herself that she was okay, more than trying to convince me,

"Alright, good. Now let's go eat some of that horrible stuff they call food," I teased and we both got up, leaving the room. I'm glad I finally have a friend.

Harry's POV

  Later. I don't think I could wait until later to see her. I had to know if she was okay or not. I didn't get to spend much time with her at all, but I knew there wasn't anything I could do about it. There isn't anything I could do about this situation anymore. I wish I could change something...anything. The dare we gave Liam, making him lie to her, changing the way she reacted or he reacted. Something. But it's too late now, and this is actually happening. I didn't want to believe it. But it had to sink in at some point, and now just had to be the perfect moment.

 I froze, staring at my desk, my thoughts leaving the real world. I could hear people talking to me, but they seemed so far away from me.

  I was suddenly cold. Raines is in the hospital. And she tried to kill herself. She honestly tried to end her own life. And she was so close to actually succeeding. What was going on that she didn't tell me about? There had to be something else. I thought she trusted me...but I could understand if she didn't. After what I did to her.

  I began shivering, and I closed my eyes, hoping to calm myself down, but I couldn't do it. I was so worried about her. I couldn't help it.

"MR. STYLES!" Someone yelled. I shook my head violently, coming back to Earth.

"What?" I asked, looking around the room, my eyes locking with the teacher. I glanced at Louis who was sitting beside me. He looked worriedly at me.

"Are you okay? You look like you're about to pass out."

"I...I'm fine," I stuttered, unsure of my own words.

"I'm giving you a pass to go to the nurse." He walked to his desk and pulled out pen and paper, and scribbled something down onto it, before handing it to me. I took it thankfully, looking for an excuse to get out of the class. I was suddenly being claustrophobic. The class was too much.

"Thank you sir..." I nodded and rushed out the classroom door. As soon as I heard the door shut behind me, I leaned against the lockers for support, the cold metal cooling my throbbing head. I felt like I would pass out at any second.

  I slid down the lockers, resting my head in my hands, slowing down my breathing, making the breaths longer.

  I sat on the floor for what felt like ages. I couldn't breathe barely. It was hard. I couldn't think straight either. I really needed to get to the nurse. If only I could stand back up.