Getting Released

I'm updatinggg. Finally. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. But you know...summer is just all wacked up. But it's whatever. I'm updating now. You're gonna hate me. But this is just the beginning of the book. It's gonna get so good. I swear. You're gonna love it. I know it. 

Raines' POV

  It had been a few days since I've been in the hospital. I was in the hospital for exactly 7 days. So today was Friday, yet again. I stuffed my clothes into my bag and slung it over my shoulder, never being more glad to leave a place than this. My insides were fluttering. Harry told me that he was gonna be here and he had a surprise for me too. I knew my parents were gonna be there. I knew Daniel was gonna be there. And I hoped that the other boys would be there, part of me even wanted Liam there but I wasn't sure about that feeling. If he wasn't there I would be happy and sad at the same time.  But if he was there I would be happy and sad at the same time. I'm pretty sure I'm bi-polar or something along those lines.

  I walked out of my room, shutting the door as I left. I looked down at my arm, still standing in front of the door. That was the old you Raines. This is the new you. The stronger you. I thought to myself. I flicked my curly hair off of my shoulder and began walking. I was in an oversized shirt that said "The Beatles" on the front and one sleeve fell off revealing my shoulder. I'm not really a Beatles fan but I liked the oversized shirt. No one could see my stomach. I had on short shorts that had rhinestones on the front pockets and lace over the back pockets. I was a little hesitant of wearing shorts because I'm not confident with my body. But these people won't judge me. They care and only want the best for me.

                I stood in the middle of the dayroom, looking around. Katie left yesterday. Finally. We exchanged numbers and I told her to call me whenever she needed anything, and we that if we did something to hut ourselves, we'd call each other first thing. James left a few days ago. And there were two new kids who got here a few days ago. So they were here by themselves. Good luck. Especially since one was eleven and the other was fifteen. I'm picturing them getting into some sort of fight.

                The new guard person, Ms. Lisa, walked up to me. She told me she was gonna be walking me down to everyone. I took a deep breath and nodded. She unlocked the door and let me walk out. I didn't bother to walk. I took off down the stairs. As soon as I got to the door that would lead me outside, I pressed my face against the glass. No one saw me because they were all talking to each other. I knocked on the window and Harry turned around. He yelled something that I couldn't understand and everyone turned around and started waving at me. I smiled wide and waved back at everyone. I saw someone turning around and my eyes widened but then I shook my head, knowing it couldn't have been him. Why would he be there?

   Ms. Lisa finally made her way down the stairs, she didn't have as much energy as I did, but that was understandable since there was quite and age difference between us two.

"Honey you're gonna have to move if you want me to unlock the door." I quickly stepped away, not even thinking about it. I stared at my combat boots as she unlocked the door. I looked up, seeing sunlight, light up the staircase.

    Ms. Lisa motioned for me to go ahead and go and I smiled and took off. I stepped one foot out of the door and through my bag on the ground, not caring if it got dirt on it or not. I couldn't care less.

"I CALL FIRST HUG!" Daniel shouted and took off running. He wrapped his arms around my neck, squeezing me tight. I buried my head into his neck, swinging him back and forth. "I missed you Raines," He muttered. I felt tears come into my eyes, but quickly blinked them away. I refused to be weak. Not anymore. I wouldn't break under pressure anymore. Hopefully...