And You Left Me...

I want to thank everyone for reading this fan fiction. I work so hard on it. I'm glad it's gotten this popular and I couldn't be more thankful for everyone who reads, votes, and comments. I freaked out when I saw the reads. I love each and every one of you guys and I hope you know that. I'm going to make this chapter longer and better just because of how happy I am! Well here it is guys!! I hope you like it! Keep it up!

---

Raines' POV

My dad died later that night, while I was laying in bed with him, I slowly felt the life drift out of him. As of right now, Daniel and I have been holding each other while we cried. My mom was in the shower and she had been for a while. I knew she needed alone time.

Daniel was now taller than me, by a lot. He was almost Harry's height. He was broad-shouldered and strong. He had all the girls after him. He was handsome, I have to admit. Puberty hit him harder than the bus hit Regina George.

Daniel plays football, soccer, baseball and basketball. He doesn't have a girlfriend surprisingly. He says he's waiting for 'the right one'. Honestly I was dead set on hooking him up with Katie, because they tease each other a lot, they're close, and they're the same age, but then I found out about Katie and her boyfriend abusing her and decided against trying to hook her up with anyone. Yet...

Daniel and I's sobs had died down kind of, we just had ragged breath. I sat in front of him, arms around his neck as his face was in the crook of my neck, arms around my waist as we both sat on our couch, crying out heart's out.

"Daniel, you need to go see mom," I whispered, sitting up and wiping under my eye.

"Alright....will you be okay?" He asked me, looking me in the yes. I nodded and pushed myself away from him, reaching for my phone, as he made his way down the hall.

I dialed Liam's number and called, pressing the phone to my ear. I walked over to the window.

"Babe? Are you okay? What happened? Where are you? What's going on?" Liam rushed out. I started crying again, wrapping an arm around my torso.

"My dad died..." I told him, choking on my own sobs.

"The cancer got to his heart. He died the night I left..." I choked out as I began crying again.

"I'm on my way. I'm coming..." Liam said, I heard movement in the background.

"No, I'm coming back. My mom told me that she needs time to grieve and she doesn't want me missing the tour, so she's waiting until I get back before we have the funeral," I told him, once I had calmed down again.

"Are you ok?" He asked, worry clear in his tone. God I just wanted to hug him right now. He gives the best hugs ever.

"No," I said, sobs raking over my body once again. I slid down the wall, placing my head on my knees as I cried. I didn't want to cry or seem weak, but I couldn't help it. I couldn't hold back the tears. I just couldn't.

"I'm so sorry. I wish I was there to hold you. When are you flying back?" He asked me.

"Tomorrow. I'll be fine. I'm gonna go check on my mom and Daniel ok? I love you," I told him, wiping away my tears and standing up.

"I love you, too. Call me later. Bye," He said. I hung up, putting my phone in my sweat pants pocket, walking down the hall to my mom's room.

I stood in the doorway, watching Daniel. He kissed my mom's forehead, tucking her in, then cut off the lamp on the bedside table. My lips pulled up into a small, sad smile as I watched him, watch her. I walked silently over to him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders from his behind him.