Settle things, or make them worse?

Alright here's the long awaited update! I hope it's worth it! Btw this chapter is dedicated to @skye4eva for all the nice comments. Thanks so much!!! :)

Raines' POV

   James and I sat at the table in the middle of the room, coloring a picture since that was today's assignment. We were supposed to be coloring a picture of what we looked like when we cried. I never really looked in a mirror, so I was guessing. And it already looked like crap.

   I heard screaming coming from the other side of the room and James and I looked up to see Katie yelling into a phone.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" She screamed, tears streaming down her face. I felt sorry for her, but I knew I couldn't do anything, not now anyway.

"You're such a jerk you know that Jake?" She said, becoming pissed all of a sudden. I looked at her confused, wondering who she was talking to.

"I HATE YOU!" She screamed then hung up the phone and ran into the bathroom. I watched her go, knowing I'd get in trouble if I followed.

"Raines and James, stay here, I'm going to check on Katie," The guy who was watching us said, I think his name was Chase.

"Well someone has PMS...." James muttered. My eyes widened and I looked at him. How the hell did he know what PMS was? He's 11 for goodness sake!

"Do you even know what PMS is?" I asked him, stopping my coloring for a second. He didn't even stop coloring, just looked up at me.

"Well duh, I'm 11, not stupid. It means 'Pissed at Men Syndrome'," I burst out laughing.

"Sure, that's what it means." He gave me a weird look before shaking his head at me. I continued laughing.

"You're so weird," He muttered, coloring his eyes blue with a marker.

"I know," I told him with a smile. Even though my smile was fake, and I knew every time I did smile, or laugh, it was most likely fake. It seemed like I never knew how to smile anymore. And every day it got harder just to fake it.

"Raines, the doctor needs to see you," The nurse Lisa said. I turned around and cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Did I do something?" I asked, getting out of the chair.

"No, every day the doctor talks to you. Just to ask you required questions. It's your turn now," She explained. I nodded and followed her into the office. "It's the first door on the right."

  I walked into the room, and took a seat in the chair across from the doctor. I crossed my legs and set my hands on my legs, waiting for him to say something to me.

"Good morning Raines." I nodded, not feeling like talking to him. "How did you sleep last night?"

"Fine," I lied. I couldn't sleep at all. Not with what Liam told me. I would go home, and he left me something there. And I needed to know what it is.

"See Raines, this is where I know that you're lying. You hesitated when you said 'fine' and now you're thinking about something. So I'll ask again...how did you sleep last night?" I looked at him. I thought he was a doctor, not a psychologist.

"Terrible. I went to sleep really late, and then they made me wake up at 5 am to take my blood pressure."

"Well I can give you some medicine to help you sleep at night, and you're starting an anti-depressant tomorrow. But I can give you the sleeping pill thirty minutes before you go to bed. How does that sound?"

  I ran a hand through my hair and set an elbow on the arm of the chair, thinking about this. I'm being put on medicine?

"Yeah. I'd like to get more sleep. But how long will I have to take the anti-depressant?" I refused to stay on it for the rest of my life. That wouldn't happen.