Chapter Forty-Nine | Romania Dragon Reservation, November 1997

Chapter Forty-Nine

Romania Dragon Reservation, November 1997

            Sonia hated not knowing things. She hated the twist in her stomach whenever she though about not receiving Charlie’s letters – she couldn’t wait anymore. By morning no owl had come, so she grabbed her cloak and got ready to visit Charlie and find out what was going on.

Andrew barely looked up from his Daily prophet when she told him where she was going, knowing she would go. The sun had barely reached the tops of the trees when she left, so Ron was still snoring away in the guest room.

Taking the floo, Sonia stepped out into Charlie’s living room. It was the largest room in his small cabin on the outskirts of the dragon reserve, and though he was two hours ahead of her it was still dark with heavy snow coming down outside the windows.

“Charlie?” she called out.

“Sunny?” Charlie bounded down the stairs, wearing pyjama pants and a robe, his bare chest bandaged as well as his torso. The cloths looked fresh, and his hair was wet, like he’d just stepped out of the shower.

“Charlie! What – what happened to you?” rushing over, Sonia’s hands fluttered over his chest “Is this why you haven’t owled?”

“Partially love,” Charlie said, pulling her close “A scratch got infected, and I was sick for a day or two – the storm prevented me from owling.”

“You scared me shitless!” she cried, swatting his shoulder, then gasped “Sorry! Did I –?”

“No,” he chuckled “and I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” Brushing her hair back from her shoulders, Charlie kissed the curve of her neck “I did miss you though…very much.”

“I missed you too.” She let her cloak fall to the floor, her jeans and sweaters soon following.

After, in the afterglow of their love making and the light of the fire, Sonia and Charlie lay close, tangled comfortably as one.

“Your Mum is suspicious you.” She whispered “She’s puzzled over my letters – and my delicates in your laundry.”

Charlie chuckled “I told her I didn’t need any help.”

“I’m afraid to tell her, won’t she think me to young for you?” trailing a finger down his chest, she snuggled closer.

“I don’t care what she or anyone else thinks.” Charlie remarked “I love you, no one else matters – besides, you’re a legal adult now.” Tracing the curves of her hips, he smiled “Does it matter to you?”

“No,” said Sonia, pulling Charlie’s attention back up “It doesn’t matter.”

“Good.” He whispered, pulling her close.

“Very good.” Agreed Sonia, and the two fell asleep in front of the flickering flames.

A/N: Aw, sweeties. 

Question: What do you think lies in store for Sonia and Charlie? Adventure, trouble, marriage, death, war? We'll have to wait and see.

Rose<3