Chapter Twenty - Eight | The Ministry of Magic, June 18 1996

DISCLAIMER: much of this text has been copied directly from JK Rowlings 'Order of the Pheonix' for accurecy. Also, if there are typos or weird stuff going on that is the pdf I copied it from I apolagize, I tried to get all of them. Just point it out.

So blah blah, not my work for the majority I just put in some Bowen Twin Amazingness to spice it up.

Carry on!

Chapter Twenty-Eight

The Ministry of Magic, June 18th 1996

            The Bowen twins stood in the empty Muggle street, watching a group of Thestrals descend towards them.

“I wish we couldn’t see them.” Andrew said, watching as the black leathering wings beat at the humid air “They’re so…”

“Sad.” Sonia didn’t mind being able to see them; they only could because of the one and only mission Hazel had ever let them go on with Dumbledore.

A blood traitor family was being targeted, and the twins had been appointed to save them – except they hadn’t saved them, not all of them. The young mother had died, leaving her husband of only a few years to care for their infant son. Both twins had witnessed the death, and after a year were able to see the Thestrals.

The first Thestral touched the ground, and Harry slid from its back, looking around at the street where the overflowing skip still stood a short way from the vandalized telephone box, both drained of color in the flat orange glare of the streetlights.

Ron landed a short way off and toppled immediately from his Thestral on to the pavement.

“Never again,” he said, struggling to his feet. He made as though to stride away from his Thestral, but, unable to see it, collided with its hindquarters and almost fell over again. “Never, ever again… that was the worst -”

Hermione and Ginny touched down on either side of him: both slid off their mounts a little more gracefully than Ron, though with similar expressions of relief at being back on firm ground;

Neville jumped down, shaking; and Luna dismounted smoothly.

“Hello everyone.” Sonia said, and everyone jumped as the twins emerged from the shadows. “Sorry to scare you, but thought you might appreciate some help.”

Harry looked relieved “Did you tell the Order?”

“I sent an owl to Mum and Remus.” The, Sonia did something very out of character – she rushed forward and hugged Harry tightly, letting go after a moment. The two nodded at each other, and she cleared her throat “We should get going.”

“Where do we go from here, then?” Luna asked Harry in a politely interested voice, as though this was all a rather interesting day-trip.

“Over here,” he said. He gave his Thestral a quick, grateful pat, then led the way quickly to the battered telephone box and opened the door. “Come on!” he urged the others, as they hesitated.