Chapter Forty-Five | The Burrow, July 31, 1997

Chapter Forty-Five

The Burrow, July 31st 1997

For the longest time Sonia hadn't understood why her mother left for the whole day before her own birthday, assuming she was out getting birthday things and such. Now it made much more sense - she was checking on Harry.

"Harry was born early in the morning," Hazel told her as they hung laundry in the backyard "You two born a little after midnight. Lily always thought it was a shame you three wouldn't chare a birthday, but now we know - you two could have been part of the prophecy." Hazel didn't look at Sonia, but she knew her mother was nervous speaking of the past.

Tossing a sheet over the line, Sonia saw Harry, Ron and Hermione burst out of the house. Ron looked furious. "I'll be back." Rushing through the back door and up the stairs, Sonia slid into Ginny's small room. "Well?"

Ginny looked up at her gloomily "He liked his present."

"Of course he did, he's a seventeen year old male." She sat on the bed beside her old friend "What happened then? I saw Ron."

"My darling brother interrupted." Huffed Ginny "And he's no doubt outside ripping Harry to shreds."

"Nah, Harry will be fine." Tugging her down on the bed, Sonia swatted Ginny with a pillow "Now come help with the laundry, my mother's getting all weepy about Andy and I being adults or something." It was only a little lie, but Ginny laughed and cheered up a bit - and Sonia felt it was okay if it made someone smile.

~*~*~*~

It was just past lunch when Sonia came up from the cellar to see Charlie sitting in the Burrow kitchen. She was so startled that she dropped the silver platter Mrs. Weasley had had her bring up.

"Sonia!" Molly cried "Honestly, you've been so jumpy, is everything alright?"

Peeking at Charlie through her hair as she bent to pick up the platter, Sonia choked on air. "Yes Mrs. Weasley, I just - ah - thought I saw a spider."

Mrs. Weasley almost snorted "Since when are you scared of things so silly?" she asked "That's Ron's thing."

Charlie chuckled "Nice to see you, Sonia."

"You too." She said, avoiding his gaze. "I'm going to clean up behind the shed Mrs. Weasley," speaking as clearly as possible, she sent a hopefully subtle but meaningful glance Charlie's way "It's a mess back there."

"Oh thank you Sonia! Supper's in an hour, don't be too long."

Hurrying over to the shed, Sonia threw open the door and pressed her back against the old wood. She hadn't had to be around Charlie too much with other people so close by; Remus and Tonks' wedding had been alright, made easier by her slight anger. Mr. Weasley had said Charlie wasn't going to arrive late the night before the wedding - and that wasn't for another whole day!

Sonia was still trying to catch her breathe when the door opened once more and Charlie entered, his hair now brutally short and a sheepish grin on his face. "I look ridiculous."

"Nah." She said, wrapping her arms around his neck. He was wearing a short sleeved shirt that showed off the arms that Sonia loved, the scars running up and down his biceps. "It looks very handsome, though I will miss those curls."

"Can you make it by until they grow back?" he asked, leaning down and brushing his lips across her jaw.

"Hmmm..." she mused "Maybe."

"I bet I can change your mind." Whispered Charlie, backing her up against the tool bench.

"Oh yeah?

"Yeah." He said lowly "How much do you wanna bet?"

"A visit." Sonia said "To Romania, to see you - just you."

Charlie wasn't positive he could make that happen, but he agreed anyway - and locked his lips to hers. Snogging up against a tool bench wasn't the most comfortable place to do so, but neither cared - at least they were alone.

"Oi!" two identical voices shouted as the door flew open.

"Called it." Said Fred.

"Sure did." Agreed George.

Charlie turned his head briefly, eyes fluttering closed for a moment in annoyance. "Bugger off." He growled, pressing his hips into hers.

George put his hands in the air "Now, now Charles, no need to be hostile."

"You're both complete hippogriffs arses." Sonia said, not moving away. "And if you tell my mother I will personally peel your eyeballs."

"I'll pay you both ten galleons not to tell anyone," Charlie sighed "Deal?"

"Sure, but -" said Fred.

"We would have done it for free." Finished George, and with a laugh they closed the door and walked off.

Turning Charlie's gaze back to her, Sonia grinned "Now, where were we?"

A/N: Ooooooh. How funny. The twins now know something very secret, Sonia and Charlie did some very heating snogging in the broom shed, and Charlie may have made a promise he couldn't keep...

Question: How do you think the wedding will go?

Rose<3