Chapter Twenty-Five | Grimmauld Place, Christmas 1995

Chapter Twenty-Five

Grimmauld Place, Christmas 1995

            Christmas morning was a quiet event at Hester House, which is why Hazel insisted they all attend it at Grimmauld place; a family Christmas, she said. Winston insisted he be able to return to the house every few hours to check on his special Christmas holly.

When morning arrived Hazel tugged the twins downstairs, and everyone enjoyed a good Christmas lunch. Everyone was planning on going to St. Mungos, and as Harry excused himself to fetch his cloak, he ran into Hazel.

“Oh good, Harry.” She smiled and beckoned him over “Could you spare a minute? I want to give you your Christmas present.”

Following Hazel into the drawing room, were the Black family tree had been covered up by a real Christmas tree, Harry saw a small wrapped parcel in Hazel’s hands.

“You didn’t have to get me anything,” he mumbled,

“It was no trouble,” stopping before the tapestry, she handed him the parcel “There are two; one is purely pleasure, the other…well, I hate to spring it on you, but I thought you might like it.”

Tearing the paper of the first parcel, Harry felt his throat grow tight; waving at him from the cover of an album was his parents, Remus, Sirius and Hazel. They stood in front of a Muggle tea cup ride, beaming and laughing.

“I don’t…Ms. Bowen, this is really…”

She laughed “Oh don’t call me Ms anything, Harry – it’s always been just Hazel.”

“Where did these pictures come from?” he asked, opening the cover; every page held the face of someone he loved, mostly his parents. The last half mostly consisted of Harry as a baby, his parents wedding and several of who he assumed were the Bowen twins and he as babies.

“I’ve collected them over the years,” Hazel said, smiling as she saw a photograph of Harry and Andrew crying while Sonia sat between them, looking annoyed “Photos last forever, even if the people in them have to leave.”

He looked up, horrified by the tears he felt pressing – he wouldn’t cry, honestly. It had been so long it felt since he’d seen the Marauders smiling like that. “Thank you, Hazel.”

“Open the other one.”

Tearing the paper, Harry beamed; it was a journal, each page scripted with the birds eye view of a drawn Quidditch pitch. “Woah!”

Hazel smiled and headed for the door “Your father was always scribbling away in one of those, even after Hogwarts. I know you’re captain this year, so I thought -” Harry had hugged her tightly, cutting her off.

“Thank you Hazel, for everything.” He said “I really needed…well; this has made me feel a lot better.”

“You’re very welcome Harry,” she said, pressing a kiss to his scar, just as she had when he was a baby “You can always write me you know; I’m even better at giving girl advice than Sirius.” She winked and went through the doors, leaving Harry blushing furiously. He’d have to talk to Sirius, but the joy welling in him from seeing his parents faces made it all okay. Even for a little while.