Chapter Forty-Six | The Burrow, August 2, 1997

Chapter Forty-Six

The Burrow, August 2nd 1997

            Violet light stretched over the hills, brushing the dew dropped fields with satiny fingertips. The white tent stood against the rising sun, its golden top shining in the sunrise.

In the smallest bedroom in the Burrow, Sonia crept out of bed. It was barely six, and both Hermione and Ginny were still asleep; she enjoyed sharing a room with the girls, it was something she thought normal girls her age would do. Though staying up long in the night whispering was hard to do when a war weighed down on your shoulders.

Slipping out of the house and across the yard Sonia enjoyed the refreshing feeling of dewy grass against her bare feet, moist soil getting between her toes. Behind the Marquee tent she dug her toes into the soft earth, heart beating wildly.

“Nice pyjamas.”

Whipping around, Sonia beamed as she saw Charlie; he was wearing a robin egg blue shirt that made his eyes almost resemble the delicate shell. It made Sonia’s knees weak. “Thanks.” She didn’t think about her ratty tank top, just thankful she’d put on a pair of cut offs before leaving. “So what’s the plan?”

Sidling up to her, Charlie wrapped one arm around her waist and tugged her close. With his other hand he brushed a stray bed head curl out of her eyes “I was thinking we have a glass of champagne, I dance with your Mum a little, force you onto the dance floor, eat a few ordure’s…sneak off. No one will even notice we’re gone.”

“I don’t know if -” embarrassed, Sonia bit her lip, turning her head so the kiss Charlie aimed for her lips landed on her cheek. “If I’ll be able to control myself.”

Chuckling, Charlie turned her gaze back to his “Just enjoy the evening love, have fun – dance with me. We can worry about all of it tomorrow. Let’s just have tonight, hm?”

Sighing, Sonia nodded “Okay.”

Charlie smiled and kissed her quickly “Good.”

           Sonia, Andrew, Harry, Ron, Fred and George standing outside the great white marquee in the orchard, awaiting the arrival of the wedding guests. Harry had taken a large dose of Polyjuice Potion and was now the double of a redheaded Muggle boy from the local village, Ottery St. Catchpole, from whom Fred had stolen hairs using a Summoning Charm. The plan was to introduce Harry as "Cousin Barny" and trust to the great number of Weasley relatives to camouflage him.

The boys were clutching seating plans, so that they could help show people to the right seats; Sonia had escaped the insanity of Mrs Weasley’s weeping and come to help (or snigger as they tried to deal with a number of batty old witches and wizards). A host of white-robed waiters had arrived an hour earlier, along with a golden jacketed band, and all of these wizards were currently sitting a short distance away under a tree. Sonia could see a blue haze of pipe smoke issuing from the spot. Behind her, the entrance to the marquee revealed rows and rows of fragile golden chairs set on either side of a long purple carpet. The supporting poles were entwined with white and gold flowers. Fred and George had fastened an enormous bunch of golden balloons over the exact point where Bill and Fleur would shortly become husband and wife. Outside, butterflies and bees were hovering lazily over the grass and hedgerow.